• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Newbie] Spookie's Mapping Thread

SpookieGamer

!@Too Spooky 4 You@!
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello it has been a while since I really mapped. Today I'm here bringing you some of my mapping, I'm currently mapping for Cypher Online ,so I hope I'm doing a good job.
I use raw and auto border mapping. ^^

So here they are, some pics!

2cmsyub.png

1zoypef.png

rr1hdh.png

2aexzd4.png

5mwvbm.png

Ah passage through the middle of a mountain.

fkutl1.png

A farm house in the forest.
You can also see some ants stealing from the blueberry bushes!

2vuwvhl.png

You may have to look where you step or you might fall in one of these holes filled with spiders!

2ez69e0.png

fneoz.png

241s3dt.png

A cave withing a small mountain.

I hope you all like these pieces.
Is it okay that I upload may pictures or just 1 from each completed section?
I accept any criticism! Bring it on! :D
Have a nice day.

Just work a bit on the border and the bridge does not amaze me but Very good job!!

Mossy spots don't look good on grass. They are supposed to be used on gray surfaces, such as mountain ground.

Also, I love the ants stealing blueberries. :p

'Newbie'?
You did a very good job.
Just follow advices like: 'work on bridge borders' or 'don't put mossy on grass' and it will be excellent.
Following, good luck!

I've been working on an arrangement of little mountains connected with bridges, here's one of them.
v83m9.png

Ps: I will mostly be doing grass biome mapping, so might seem a bit repetitive.

remove the debris from the water.
I'll for sure fix that, but I wont remove it completely.
Players are going to be able to walk over that water, so I wanted to add debris to make it look like an actual path way.
I will fix that as soon as I can and I will post my most pics.
Thank you for the tip, though.

Best Regards,
SpookieGamer.

The debris is unwalkable i think, isnt it? anyways it looked good just that the way you made the debris was kind of special.
Keep working on it

The debris is unwalkable i think, isnt it? anyways it looked good just that the way you made the debris was kind of special.
Keep working on it
It's walkable, I've been having the path option on all the time just to make sure that the hidden stuff is reachable :)

Well the only thing that I can really recommend is looking at these tutorials; The Mapper's Tutorial and No1's Tutorial. Start using full raw instead of mixing autoborder and raw together (If they are mixed improperly it screws up all of the borders you placed using raw. And yes, I mean even do mountains with raw.
So you will have a result such as this
80ktc.png

Instead of this
80kJS.png

You should also add onto your doodads so they only have these
80l4u.png

Instead of these
80lbC.png

If you need to know how to create a new palette look here.

@Dark199 Thank you for the recommendation, I will for sure try to do more stuff with raw.
About the trees, why should I only use those trees if I have a great variety of them? I like them colorful trees!
Thank you for the links to the tutorials as well. I will for sure check them out.

Best Regards,
SpookieGamer.

It is better to not use them because they rarely ever are able to fit into the environment.

Back