• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Next Softcore

Rl map RPG

• Yes 11.xx / 10.xx

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes 11.xx

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes 10.xx

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes 8.6

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Hell No!!!

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

FaNtA91

Reaction score
hello I've been thinking about a bit is it any point to making rl map RPG style ? like the old Softcore with all quest and fix but with like add Dungeons ?

Is there any point? Well, if that's what you want to do, and it's fun for you, then yep.

Me personally, I'm sick of rl map anything. I'm hoping for a big change in the community and an uprising of 100% custom map rpgs with storyline and thought out questlines.

I know it' not true of everyone, but I think most would tend to agree that the majority of rl map servers are just thrown up and poorly ran in hopes of squeezing a few dollars out of our community.

I think the ease of access to download and run rl map datapacks have been a major contributor to the dwindling down of the ot community. Anyone, with just a tiny bit of knowledge and effort, can put together the pieces to put up an rl map server equipped with a generic themed website.

They just don't impress me, and I don't play them. However, if I run across a well thought out custom RPG server that has clearly had the time put into it. I won't bat an eye to play it and put some money into it to help pay the developer for putting me into an engaging story.

Unfortunately, those are rare finds. The majority of the community seems to just want to throw together something in a day or two, put in a cash shop, squeeze a hundred or two, and close it down. Rinse and repeat.

Is there any point? Well, if that's what you want to do, and it's fun for you, then yep.

Me personally, I'm sick of rl map anything. I'm hoping for a big change in the community and an uprising of 100% custom map rpgs with storyline and thought out questlines.

I know it' not true of everyone, but I think most would tend to agree that the majority of rl map servers are just thrown up and poorly ran in hopes of squeezing a few dollars out of our community.

I think the ease of access to download and run rl map datapacks have been a major contributor to the dwindling down of the ot community. Anyone, with just a tiny bit of knowledge and effort, can put together the pieces to put up an rl map server equipped with a generic themed website.

They just don't impress me, and I don't play them. However, if I run across a well thought out custom RPG server that has clearly had the time put into it. I won't bat an eye to play it and put some money into it to help pay the developer for putting me into an engaging story.

Unfortunately, those are rare finds. The majority of the community seems to just want to throw together something in a day or two, put in a cash shop, squeeze a hundred or two, and close it down. Rinse and repeat.
Everyone is so against rl map and into custom map, but when custom servers open there is no players to play. How does it happen? Which servers are the most played right now? Yes, rl maps, but yet everyone begs about custom maps/stuff. I can't really understand this.

I agree it makes no sence. I don't know why custom servers generally struggle for players. I guess most of those complaining about rl maps just don't practice what they preach

I agree it makes no sence. I don't know why custom servers generally struggle for players. I guess most of those complaining about rl maps just don't practice what they preach
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rl map = lazy server. I am not saying it cant be fun and you might be able to put a few systems in that pull players from other rl maps to you. but to compare what you can do with a rl map to what you can do with a whole new canvas to paint on is not possible.

OTLand users are mostly "developers", which means that if you want to get tons of actual players opinions you'll probably not get it here, hence the custom servers being empty even though tons of OTLanders prefer customs over RL's.

Back