• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux NGINX how to set the best performance?

rafaeru

Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
rafaeru97
Hello, this is my first time using NGINX. I have always used Apache before. I currently have Ubuntu 20.04 and have been having problems with it from the beginning due to my lack of experience and knowledge. My VPS has 4 GB of RAM, and NGINX often consumes most of the resources, causing the server to lag. Where can I read about the appropriate configuration for my needs? Are there any pre-made tuners like with MySQL? How do you configure your NGINX?

4GB is not enough RAM for an all in one.

NGINX shouldnt use much at all, but loading a full map in TFS is going to use atleast 2GB alone.
I am coming to the same conclusion because previously I had more, 12 GB, and there was no problem with that. However, I never used 12 GB of resources, I wanted to match it appropriately to my server. Thanks, I will keep trying.

I'm really confused. Where/how did you come to the conclusion that nginx is what's taking up most resources? What do you use Nginx for? Reverse proxies? Or just a static home page?

Also, you should probably upgrade from 20.04 for some more performance boosts, or better: use regular Debian instead of Ubuntu. There's no point in using Ubuntu for your server. It's just Debian with a bunch of extra tools on top, almost none of which is useful for server environments, but desktop environments.

Back