• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nicolos' Harry Potter Map

If you finish yor map you upload this?

Come on, use your brain man, it doesn't hurt. Do you really think he put so much work to create this map just to upload it after he finish and let every single person on the internet to have it just like that? Don't be silly.

The map is mostly playable. It still has some showing off areas, but its more focused on playability than just looking good. Right now I'm working with a spriter so we can include some custom content into the project. And as a percentage, I can't tell you honestly, because I'm mapping all the areas separately, so it will be finished when i feel it is.

What's about Hogwarts then? It seems to be one bigger part.

30124nl.png

desj0g.png

Random nature pics of the forbidden forest

Nice but it should be rather black than brown to fully capture its climate properly :p

That depends on if its night or day.. lol

Forbidden Forest was almost always shown in dark colors within zoan-brown doesn't belongs to. Even during a day time. It's kinda the same like Mirkwood in The Hobbit. You just shouldn't rely on day time only to capture climate of such places.

I really like the environment, although I dislike the usage of dirt/jungle holes on top of the trees and the 280 sprites - if you were to remove those two the map would be flawless in my opinion.

I just used an random darkening filter to show a little difference between darker and lighter colors. Of course it would look rather different if every single sprite was darkened separately. The effect would be astonishing.

149qe4p.png

Last edited:
Lol It looks nice. But to make it look realistic you need the bright natural colors. Unless your in a cave or some type of swamp area etc

True but realistically a forest is brown. its the night which makes it look so dark

Yeah but all about this topic is that these forests aren't about to be realistic. They were described in books and shown in a games/movies as dark and unpleasant ever-night places. Maybe due to fact that trees crowns might cover the sunlight or maybe due to fact that dark magic is pending it. Actually I've never noticed a day in Forbidden Forest.

Lol It looks nice. But to make it look realistic you need the bright natural colors. Unless your in a cave or some type of swamp area etc

If you darkened every sprite separately instead put filter on whole image as I did it would look realistic. I just wanted to show little difference in simpliest and quickest way possible.

Back