• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

No item names above 8.2-8.6 client, most effective way to implement them?

Snusarn Thor

Reaction score
Hello I have an 8.60 server and in the items.xml there are no items ids/names above client 8.2. So all the new sprites in zao etc are unnamed. I would like to know what the most effective way of adding all these hundreds of names and ids without interfering with the scripts on the server. Changing the items.xml to another one would most likely make 70% of the servers scripts useless.

Thank you.

Sounds painfull and looks like a major waste of time doubt swapping items.xml would break something as the ids of everything should be same.. Unless you got some fishy "insert random language" items.xml or server.

Even if it did screw the scripts its more fun and easier to fix scripts than items.xml. Prepare for worst case and backup your current items.xml and see if a new one breaks it.

Would not take long tbh, just look at wikia - "oh ... was a new item in 8.62" or w/e.
Then we go from there, we mark all the lines down ctrl+c and then ctrl+v in your items.xml file.
Should not take more then a min or two.

I mean, worst case, if you add items that are newer than 8.6, they can't be used anyways because they aren't in items.otb, so it won't break anything having newer items in items.xml
just grab like a 9.0 items.xml and find the ones you need starting at the last item you have in yours. copy, pasta.

I can't find any items.xml with the new items for 8.6 from the distributions where Talaturen posted his 8.6 etc. None of them have the new sprite names in it.

Back