• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Nostalrius RME Error (WX?)

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Last edited:
Bump Up My Post <3

Installed WxWidgets and linked the folders and still get the same errors..

I just compiled it but it get stuck when loading objects (items srv file)
I guess I'm just gonna try to edit the item loading of nostalrius to work with otb and xml again.

Last edited:
wxWidgets is not built into useable libraries when you "install" the wxMSW installer. This is because there are so many configurable elements, which is precisely what the setup.h you refer to is for.

If you just want to build it with default options as quickly as possible and move on, here is how:

Start the "Visual Studio Command Prompt." You'll find this in the start menu under "Microsoft Visual Studio -> Visual Studio Tools".

Change to folder: [WXWIN root]\build\msw

Build default debug configuration: nmake -f makefile.vc BUILD=debug

Build default release configuration: nmake -f makefile.vc BUILD=release

Make sure the DLLs are in your PATH. They'll be found in [WXWIN root]\lib\vc_dll

Under the DLL folder mentioned above, you will find subfolders for each build variant (The instructions above made two, debug and release.) In each variant folder you'll find a 'wx' folder containing a 'setup.h" file. You'll see that the setup.h files are actually different for each build variant. These are the folders you need to add to your project build configuration include path, one per build variant. So, for example, you'd add [WXWIN root]\lib\vc_dll\mswud to the include path for your debug build, [WXWIN root]\lib\vc_dll\mswu for your release build.

It is possible to build lots of other variant combinations: static libs, monolithic single library, non-Unicode, etc. See [WXWIN root]\docs\msw\install.txt for much more extensive instructions.

Back