• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Not being able to connect to server

Glecko

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Ok, I have have tried like everything by now and I still can't manage to connect to my server. I use Ubuntu (newest version) and followed this guide to setup my server:
http://otland.net/f479/ubuntu-nothi...gotten-server-modernaac-mysql-lighttpd-89001/

I forwarded my ports (7171,7172 and 80) both on my router, on the iptables of ubuntu and on the firewall. I am still not able to connect to the server.
For some time, I was able to see my website from another computer connected to the same router, but other people were not able to see it. Whenever I check at vapus if I can host, it says all 3 ports are blocked. I reseted my computer and the router several times, and I'm sure I have no-ip and all that installed on my dedicated server.

I use the newest rev (5680, client 9.54), and every time I try to log in, instead of getting an error like (could not connect to server) the loading screen just disapears. When I try the same with another random direction it tells me the error, which makes me supose the client finds something.
I got to say, on my Windows PC it works perfectly.

Any ideas of what's going wrong? Thanks :)

EDIT: I also checked with the comand:
sudo netstat -anltp|grep :pORT
And according to it, TFS is actually listening to 7171 and 7172, and apache2 is listening to 80.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks, but I noticed those programs only work on Windows. Got any that works with linux distributions? (I can't get those by the apt-get command) :p

Teamviewer or Apache could be using port 80, but if you said that the ports are still blocked there's your problem. Make sure they are open (recommended website to do so is: Open Port Check Tool) if at anything else I say end all unnecisarry programs that are running and try again. If not look up in google, I bet you'd find something in there related to Linux and port forwarding. As for ports 7171/7172 you must have done it wrong since nothing is associated with those ports.

According to that web, the ports are open. Teamviewer only uses port 443 i think, and apache ought to be using port 80 (I run my website on it :p)

Back