• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Noxious PVP-RPG 8.6 -> Development Thread -> Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devianceone

Lua Scripter
Reaction score

538ytx.jpg

Noxious is a medium experience server using 8.6 client focused on RPG/WAR server using
a blend of custom, real map and private+public otland community maps.

Unique Features
Drug system - A unique player buff system
nbp2r8.jpg

You can plant and harvest weed, then smoke it with a bong.
You can purchase a bag of chemicals and cook it on a stove, hoping you're lucky and create various drugs.
At the moment, the planned drugs are ecstasy, weed, cocaine, heroin, crack and 2 other unnamed drugs.
Each drug when used, will give a certain effect. They will be kind of expensive and rewards players for taking risks such as growing or cooking drugs as it must be done in the open, above ground and in non pz areas. Some drugs have more advanced recipes, and some have negative effects when using them. For example, if you use heroin on another player, they will because drunk or poisoned which can help during pvp.

Event - The Plague
r9eu03.jpg

The Plague is a non-pvp event that is similar to musical chairs. When you enter the arena, you are given 3 hearts which act as lives. Every 10-30 seconds, multiple safe zones will be thrown out from the center of the map and you must stand on on them to avoid a wave of earth damage which takes away 1 life. The objective is to push players off their safe zone and steal it. If the game goes on for too long, Plagued Warriors will spawn and begin to attack players and will teleport them to the center of the arena. I have gotten great feedback about this event and players enjoy it because levels or gear does not help.

Randomized Item Stats
jhydtf.jpg

We like to add rarity to even the most common items. If you find epic or legendary items, they have the potential to be even better then donation items. Every time a monster dies, there is a chance his items will become 'quick', 'farsight', 'deadly', 'strong', 'hawkeye' or 'fortified'. Each item can receive multiple stat buffs and has a chance to become 'epic' and 'legendary' which have even greater stat boosts!

Misc Screenshots
2u5z8rb.jpg
347boeh.jpg

ofaxpu.jpg
30bgztf.jpg

se4p04.jpg
33nj5vk.jpg

2ch01g3.jpg

Quick Information
Spells: There will be some custom spells such as chain lightning, frost nova, fire nova, fusion. Noxious will use balanced real tibia spells as well.
Monsters: Monsters have fixed attacks, loot and resist. Noxious will have lots of custom monsters.
Vocations: We have semi-custom vocations, a priest will heal more then a wizard. A wizard will do more damage with spells but heal less and a knight will tank more then an archer.
PVP/Events: We have a rated 1v1 and 2v2 arena, Real Tibia War System, The Plague event, Guild Castle wars and will probably add more events such as CTF.
Quests: We plan to have at least 100 at launch. We will also have major real tibia quests such as demon oak, poi and more. If you complete a quest, you'll be rewarded with 'Noxious Tokens'. These tokens can be used to purchase some donation items, promotions and unique equipment.
Items: Noxious has plenty of custom items, such as mana runes, teleport orbs, drugs, experience tokens, experience scrolls and more.
Gameplay: Noxious have unlimited potions but mana runes will have charges. Runes will not be unlimited but this may change in the future. Distance weapons will not break.

Project Status
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ QUESTS
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ CUSTOM SPELLS
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ DRUGS
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ MAP
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ITEMS
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ MONSTERS
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓SCRIPTS
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓BALANCE

How you can help: If anybody wants to create chain quests for me or provide any scripts, maps or features I will add them in. The quests are simple to create, I'm using my own chain quest system which allows me to create monster killing quests and item retrieval quests with only 5 lines. If you want to write a few chain quests, I will provide you a example to work with. This system will eventually be expanded to reward storage's, promotions and whatever else needed.

Comments and suggestions welcome.
Update 1 - November 24 http://otland.net/f251/suggestion-my-otserver-109488/index2.html#post1090741

Last edited:
Gogogo deviance! :) gunna be a sick project guys as we both help eachother out alot we eachothers ots in maps and scripts so should be a really good project!

Shit son, that shits wack.

What is? This is a development thread, if you don't like something, make a helpful comment or suggestion.

Update: 1 Tick added to quest progress.

The rates are 100x to 5x at level 200 currently. The rates may be changed before release.

it is really nice. i hope that u gonna get some players as not many play custom ots nowaydays

Thanks vavaz and nikodada. I realize less players play custom ots, but I hope if I make a fun enough OT and blend real map spawns and quests into it I will attract a bit of both crowds. Still working on some quests, suggestions anyone?

What is? This is a development thread, if you don't like something, make a helpful comment or suggestion.

Update: 1 Tick added to quest progress.

That was a compliment kiddo.
As in "This stuff is awesome."

That was a compliment kiddo.
As in "This stuff is awesome."

Oh, ok. I was at about 20 hours of no sleep, I must have took it the wrong way.

Yesterday I added 4 new NPCS with 10~ quests, added monsters to a couple spawns and developed chain quest npc some more. Chain quests are now more customizable and I had to redo all my current quests with more dialog.

Today, hopefully more quests will be added, a few map additions and nothing too interesting yet. I'm still looking for quest ideas, they don't have to be advanced. A simple quest I added was a kid who wanted a chocolate bar, after you traveled to the candy shop and bought him it, he wanted a mini mummy doll. The mummy doll only drops from pharaohs that are 3% drop and give 5000+ exp, so if you can buy one from somebody or hunt for one, you get a good amount of quest tokens/exp. I might write a script to dump all the quests into a nice HTML table, so people can see what items are actually quest items. It would be good for them because they can save the items until they get to that quest or discard the rest.

Bump, added in more map, improved a couple scripts, added a couple channels, vocation fixes.. maybe something more visual coming soon.

Keep up the good work, and continue making some unique quests, like the one where you need to collect xx amount of something.

Cant wait till this is finished, I'm definatelly playing it!

Understand that this is a discussion thread, basically it's impossible for us to discuss something that has not been released unless you create a discussion about it.
All you are doing is informing us about whats going to come on your own OT, you are not creating any discussion. And therefor I am locking this thread.

And yes, I am currently cleaning up all these 'hidden-comercial' threads in the discussion board once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back