• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Npc error

jogui1

Server developer
Reaction score
Hey does someone know how to fix this?

data/npc/scripts/Humphrey.lua:44: attempt to call method 'addAliasKeyword' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'addAliasKeyword'
data/npc/scripts/Humphrey.lua:44: in main chunk
[Warning - NpcScript::NpcScript] Can not load script: Humphrey.lua

Using forgotten server 1.0

Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)            npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)        npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)            end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)        end
function onThink()                npcHandler:onThink()                    end

-- Embrace of Tibia
local blessKeyword = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'embrace'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'Would you like to receive that protection for a sacrifice of |BLESSCOST| gold, child?'})
    blessKeyword:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.bless, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'So receive the embrace of Tibia, pilgrim.', cost = '|BLESSCOST|', bless = 2})
    blessKeyword:addChildKeyword({''}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'Fine. You are free to decline my offer.', reset = true})

-- Healing
local function addHealKeyword(text, condition, effect)
    keywordHandler:addKeyword({'heal'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = text},
        function(player) return player:getCondition(condition) ~= nil end,
        function(player)
            player:removeCondition(condition)
            player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(effect)
        end
    )
end

addHealKeyword('You are burning. Let me quench those flames.', CONDITION_FIRE, CONST_ME_MAGIC_GREEN)
addHealKeyword('You are poisoned. Let me soothe your pain.', CONDITION_POISON, CONST_ME_MAGIC_RED)
addHealKeyword('You are electrified, my child. Let me help you to stop trembling.', CONDITION_ENERGY, CONST_ME_MAGIC_GREEN)

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'heal'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'You are hurt, my child. I will heal your wounds.'},
    function(player) return player:getHealth() < 40 end,
    function(player)
        local health = player:getHealth()
        if health < 40 then player:addHealth(40 - health) end
        player:getPosition():sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_MAGIC_GREEN)
    end
)
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'heal'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'You aren\'t looking that bad. Sorry, I can\'t help you. But if you are looking for additional protection you should go on the {pilgrimage} of ashes or get the protection of the {twist of fate} here.'})

-- Basic
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'pilgrimage'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'Whenever you receive a lethal wound, your vital force is damaged and there is a chance that you lose some of your equipment. With every single of the five {blessings} you have, this damage and chance of loss will be reduced.'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'blessings'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'There are five blessings available in five sacred places: the {spiritual} shielding, the spark of the {phoenix}, the {embrace} of Tibia, the fire of the {suns} and the wisdom of {solitude}. Additionally, you can receive the {twist of fate} here.'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'spiritual'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'I see you received the spiritual shielding in the whiteflower temple south of Thais.'}, function(player) return player:hasBlessing(1) end)
keywordHandler:addAliasKeyword({'shield'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'suns'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'I can see you received the blessing of the two suns in the suntower near Ab\'Dendriel.'}, function(player) return player:hasBlessing(3) end)
keywordHandler:addAliasKeyword({'fire'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'phoenix'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'I can sense that the spark of the phoenix already was given to you by the dwarven priests of earth and fire in Kazordoon.'}, function(player) return player:hasBlessing(4) end)
keywordHandler:addAliasKeyword({'spark'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'solitude'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'I can sense you already talked to the hermit Eremo on the isle of Cormaya and received this blessing.'}, function(player) return player:hasBlessing(5) end)
keywordHandler:addAliasKeyword({'wisdom'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'spiritual'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'You can ask for the blessing of spiritual shielding in the whiteflower temple south of Thais.'})
keywordHandler:addAliasKeyword({'shield'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'suns'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'You can ask for the blessing of the two suns in the suntower near Ab\'Dendriel.'})
keywordHandler:addAliasKeyword({'fire'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'phoenix'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'The spark of the phoenix is given by the dwarven priests of earth and fire in Kazordoon.'})
keywordHandler:addAliasKeyword({'spark'})
keywordHandler:addKeyword({'solitude'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, text = 'Talk to the hermit Eremo on the isle of Cormaya about this blessing.'})
keywordHandler:addAliasKeyword({'wisdom'})

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, 'Welcome, noble |PLAYERNAME|')
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, 'Good Bye, noble |PLAYERNAME|')
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_FAREWELL, 'Good Bye, noble |PLAYERNAME|')

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Humphrey.xml
PHP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<npc name="Humphrey" script="data/npc/scripts/Humphrey.lua" walkinterval="2000" floorchange="0">
<health now="100" max="100"/>
<look type="?" head="?" body="?" legs="?" feet="?" addons="3"/>
<parameters>
<parameter key="module_shop" value="1" />
<parameter key="module_keywords" value="1" />
        <parameter key="keywords" value="amulet of loss;help;blessings;" />
        <parameter key="shop_buyable" value="amulet of loss,2173,50000;"/>
        <parameter key="shop_sellable" value="amulet of loss,2173,45000;broken amulet amulet,2196,50000;"/>
        <parameter key="keyword_reply1" value="I've collected quite a few protection amulets, and some amulets of loss as well."/>
        <parameter key="keyword_reply2" value="I can bless you with The {Wisdom of Solitude}, The {Spiritual Shielding}, The {Embrace of Tibia}, The {Fire of the Suns}, The {Spark of the Phoenix}." />
        <parameter key="keyword_reply3" value="I can bless you with The {Wisdom of Solitude}, The {Spiritual Shielding}, The {Embrace of Tibia}, The {Fire of the Suns}, The {Spark of the Phoenix}." />
        <parameter key="message_greet" value="Welcome to ServerName, adventurer |PLAYERNAME|! You can ask me for {help} if you want to buy {blessings}."/>
</parameters>
</npc>

Outfit needs to be set + ServerName or whatever you wish.

Humphrey.lua
PHP:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)                npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)             end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)             npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)         end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)         npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)     end
function onThink()                             npcHandler:onThink()                         end

local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'spiritual shielding'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Here on Arelyth you may receive the blessing The Spiritual Shielding. But we must ask of you to sacrifice 2000 gold. Are you still interested?'})
    node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.bless, {npcHandler = npcHandler, number = 1, premium = true, baseCost = 2000, levelCost = 200, startLevel = 30, endLevel = 120})
    node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, reset = true, text = 'Oh. You do not have enough money.'})

local node2 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'embrace of tibia'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Here on Arelyth you may receive the blessing The Embrace of Tibia. But we must ask of you to sacrifice 2000 gold. Are you still interested?'})
    node2:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.bless, {npcHandler = npcHandler, number = 2, premium = true, baseCost = 2000, levelCost = 200, startLevel = 30, endLevel = 120})
    node2:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, reset = true, text = 'Oh. You do not have enough money.'})

local node3 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'fire of the sun'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Here on Arelyth you may receive the blessing The Fire of the Suns. But we must ask of you to sacrifice 2000 gold. Are you still interested?'})
    node3:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.bless, {npcHandler = npcHandler, number = 3, premium = true, baseCost = 2000, levelCost = 200, startLevel = 30, endLevel = 120})
    node3:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, reset = true, text = 'Oh. You do not have enough money.'})

local node4 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'wisdom of solitude'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Here on Arelyth you may receive the blessing The Wisdom of Solitude. But we must ask of you to sacrifice 2000 gold. Are you still interested?'})
    node4:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.bless, {npcHandler = npcHandler, number = 4, premium = true, baseCost = 2000, levelCost = 200, startLevel = 30, endLevel = 120})
    node4:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, reset = true, text = 'Oh. You do not have enough money.'})

local node5 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'spark of the phoenix'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Here on Arelyth you may receive the blessing The Spark of the Phoenix. But we must ask of you to sacrifice 2000 gold. Are you still interested?'})
    node5:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.bless, {npcHandler = npcHandler, number = 5, premium = true, baseCost = 2000, levelCost = 200, startLevel = 30, endLevel = 120})
    node5:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, reset = true, text = 'Oh. You do not have enough money.'})

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

I hope this will help you.

Last edited:
Back