• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NPC Npc Examples

That's not possible, you can't make a guild master. You have to use the commands that comes with TFS. (!createguild etc)

whats wrong with this script:

<npc name="Captain Steven" script="data/npc/scripts/travel.lua" autowalk="1" floorchange="0" access="5" level="1" maglevel="1">
<health now="150" max="150"/>
<look type="133" head="20" body="120" legs="75" feet="13" corpse="2212"/>
<parameters>
<parameter key="module_travel" value="1" />
<parameter key="travel_destinations" value="Furia City,942,981,6,200;Pantanal,854,996,6,100;Zwerrie,202,74,6,1000;Deser,305,133,6,200" />

<parameter key="module_keywords" value="1" />
<parameter key="keywords" value="job;name;offer;help;mission;quest" />
<parameter key="keyword_reply1" value="I am the captain of this ship." />
<parameter key="keyword_reply2" value="My name is Steven. Why do you ask?" />
<parameter key="keyword_reply3" value="I offer only the possability to travel to far away cities on this continent." />
<parameter key="keyword_reply4" value="Do I look like a helpful guy to you?" />
<parameter key="keyword_reply5" value="What are you talking about?" />
<parameter key="keyword_reply6" value="Hum. I'll tell you what! If you come back in a month or so I might be able to help you with that my friend." />
</parameters>
</npc>

Do somebody have a 8.21 example script NPC that exchange items?

For example a npc that exchanges a crown armor for a piece of royal steel?

i tried to put the oracle in map editor but i cant coz its invisible, no skin... what i must do to put the oracle ?

(8.22 server)

:edit: nvm, fixed. but invisible in map editor, is there a way to show him ?

Last edited:
Could you please edit add a Boat NPC with the new NPC System?

Thank you very much.

PHP:
local LEVEL = 8

local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

-- OTServ event handling functions start
function onCreatureAppear(cid)                npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)             npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)     npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink()                         npcHandler:onThink() end
-- OTServ event handling functions end

function oracle(cid, message, keywords, parameters, node)
    if(cid ~= npcHandler.focus) then
        return false
    end

local cityNode = node:getParent():getParent()
    local vocNode = node:getParent()

local destination = cityNode:getParameters().destination
    local townid = cityNode:getParameters().townid
    local voc = vocNode:getParameters().voc

if(destination ~= nil and voc ~= nil and townid ~= nil) then
        if(getPlayerLevel(cid) < parameters.level) then
            npcHandler:say('You must first reach level ' .. parameters.level .. '!')
        else
            doPlayerSetVocation(cid,voc)
            doPlayerSetTown(cid,townid)
            --doPlayerSetMasterPos(cid,destination)
            doTeleportThing(cid,destination)
        end
    else
        error('Destination:', destination, 'Vocation:', vocation, 'Townid:', townid)
    end
    npcHandler:resetNpc()
    return true
end

function greetCallback(cid)
    if(getPlayerLevel(cid) < LEVEL) then
        npcHandler:say('CHILD! COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE GROWN UP!')
        return false
    else
        return true
    end
end

-- Set the greeting callback function
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_GREET, greetCallback)

-- Set the greeting message.
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, 'Hello |PLAYERNAME|. Are you prepared to face your destiny?')

-- Pre-create the yes/no nodes.
local yesNode = KeywordNode:new({'yes'}, oracle, {level = LEVEL})
local noNode = KeywordNode:new({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, moveup = 1, text = 'Then what vocation do you want to become?'})

-- Create the actual keyword structure...
local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'What city do you wish to live in? Derelin or Drunia?'})
    local node2 = node1:addChildKeyword({'derelin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, townid = 3, destination = {x=1330, y=368, z=7}, text = 'The desert city of Derelin, eh? So what vocation do you wish to become? Sorcerer, druid, paladin or knight?'})
        local node3 = node2:addChildKeyword({'sorcerer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, voc = 1, onlyFocus = true, text = 'So, you wish to be a powerful magician? Are you sure about that? This decision is irreversible!'})
            node3:addChildKeywordNode(yesNode)
            node3:addChildKeywordNode(noNode)
        local node3 = node2:addChildKeyword({'druid'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, voc = 2, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Are you sure that a druid is what you wish to become? This decision is irreversible!'})
        local node3 = node2:addChildKeyword({'paladin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, voc = 3, onlyFocus = true, text = 'A ranged marksman. Are you sure? This decision is irreversible!'})
        local node3 = node2:addChildKeyword({'knight'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, voc = 4, onlyFocus = true, text = 'A mighty warrior. Is that your final decision? This decision is irreversible!'})

local node2 = node1:addChildKeyword({'drunia'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, townid = 1, destination = {x=939, y=263, z=7}, text = 'The town of Drunia, eh? So what vocation do you wish to become? Sorcerer, druid, paladin or knight?'})
        local node3 = node2:addChildKeyword({'sorcerer'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, voc = 1, onlyFocus = true, text = 'So, you wish to be a powerful magician? Are you sure about that? This decision is irreversible!'})
        local node3 = node2:addChildKeyword({'druid'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, voc = 2, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Are you sure that a druid is what you wish to become? This decision is irreversible!'})
        local node3 = node2:addChildKeyword({'paladin'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, voc = 3, onlyFocus = true, text = 'A ranged marksman. Are you sure? This decision is irreversible!'})
        local node3 = node2:addChildKeyword({'knight'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, voc = 4, onlyFocus = true, text = 'A mighty warrior. Is that your final decision? This decision is irreversible!'})

keywordHandler:addKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Then come back when you are ready.'})

-- Make it react to hi/bye etc.
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

possible to just having a x for free accounts and x for premium accounts?

hey

How do you make it so when an npc talks to you they talk through the npc channel

Back