• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Npc message greet very long help!

JuliusMS

Reaction score
Hello just what the tittle say...

Im trying to create a npc with a long message greet, because is necesary and importand, the npc explain the function and the key words, need to use to use him... (sorry for my ENGLISH xD)

The case is, message greet "Blablablablabalblalablblablblablablablablablalabla balbalalbalbalbablabalbalblala blabalbl lba lba lal balb alb alba lla balbablaball lolololololo xD xDxDDDxDxDxdXDxDxD hello, blahblablahh, north, west,east,south...."

Because the text is so long in the game just "Blablablablabalblalablblablblablablablablablalabla balbalalbalbalbablabalbalblala blabalbl lba lba lal balb alb alba lla balbablaball lolololololo xD xDxDDDxDxDxdXDxDxD he"

"llo, blahblablahh, north, west,east,south...." is just gone, disappear of the rest of the dialoge...

Hope you guys undertand me xD

well, I hope you know where to paste these
Code:
function greetCallback(cid)
    npcHandler:say("Message you wanted to set here. ...", cid)
    npcHandler:say("Message sent 7 seconds later.", cid, 7000)

return true
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_GREET, greetCallback)

as alternative you may do it this way:
"hello, whatever, {keyword} problem blabla"

and this keyword explaining everything

You have to add this code to greet callback (don't forget about configuration).
Code:
-- Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin volutpat,
-- ligula eu luctus aliquet, odio urna facilisis nunc, sit amet vulputate ligula
-- erat sed est. Maecenas pretium ipsum in metus consequat feugiat.

messages = {
    'Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.',
    'Proin volutpat, ligula eu luctus aliquet, odio urna facilisis nunc, sit amet vulputate ligula erat sed est.',
    'Maecenas pretium ipsum in metus consequat feugiat.'
}

for i, message in ipairs(messages) do
    addEvent(selfSay, 500 * i, message)
end

Last edited:
Back