• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua NPC Promotion to multiple promotions

AncientAngelus

Reaction score
Hello, I am requesting an npc like the king tibianus to be able to promote to a promotion to an x level for example 50 and then another promotion to a third promotion at x level lets say 100. I have the following code but not sure if this is good or not? I will appreciate any help. Thank you!

Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)              npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)            end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)           npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)         end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)      npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)    end
function onThink()                          npcHandler:onThink()                        end

local function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
        return false
    end

local player = Player(cid)

if not player then
    return false
end

if player:getVocation() == 7 then
    local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'promote'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can promote you for 20000 gold coins. Do you want to become a elite knight?'})
        node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 50, text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})
        node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})
elseif player:getVocation() == 15 then
    local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'second'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can promote you for 20000 gold coins. Do you want me to promote you to super knight?'})
        node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 300, text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})
        node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})
end
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Back