• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[NPC] Solved

kessykins

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
About a week ago I made an npc with the help of a few people from these forums but now when I start up the server it's giving me this error..

Code:
[29/08/2010 12:56:13] [Error - Npc interface] 
[29/08/2010 12:56:13] data/npc/scripts/alvin.lua
[29/08/2010 12:56:13] Description: 
[29/08/2010 12:56:13] (luaGetThingPosition) Thing not found

Is there some way to prevent this?

This is the NPC LUA

Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

local Topic = {}
local storage = 30000
local exp1 = 2000
local exp2 = 4000
local pos = getPlayerPosition(cid)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)                          npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)                        end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)                       npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)                     end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)                  npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)                end
function onThink()                                      npcHandler:onThink()                                    end

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
	if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
		return false
	elseif msgcontains(msg, 'quest') or msgcontains(msg, 'apprentice') or msgcontains(msg, 'mission') then
		local v = getPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage)
		if v == -1 then
			npcHandler:say("You are interested in becoming an apprentice fisherman, eh? The first step is to get a pole. Deep Sea Fishing Poles are quite expensive to make... Bring me 1 Orshabaal brain, 10 Iron Ore, 10 Giant Spider Silk and 10 Yellow Pieces of Cloth. Come back to me and say mission.", cid)
			setPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage, 1)
		elseif v == 1 then
			npcHandler:say("Did you bring me 1 Orshabaal brain, 10 Iron Ore, 10 Giant Spider Silk and 10 Yellow Pieces of Cloth?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 1
		elseif v == 3 then
			npcHandler:say("So! You now have your pole. The next step is to prove to me that you can fish. Bring me 10 Common Silmy Objects, 5 Uncommon Slimy Objects and 1 Rare Slimy Object. Come back to me and say mission.", cid)
			setPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage, 4)	
		elseif v == 4 then
			npcHandler:say("Did you bring me 10 Common Silmy Objects, 5 Uncommon Slimy Objects and 1 Rare Slimy Object?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 4
		elseif v == 5 then
			npcHandler:say("You have completed all my missions. Speak with Polgara to become an Intermediate Fisherman!", cid)
		end
	elseif msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and Topic[cid] == 1 then
		if getPlayerItemCount(cid, 5808) >= 1 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 5914) >= 10 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 5879) >= 10 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 5880) >= 10 then
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 5808, 1)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 5914, 10)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 5879, 10)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 5880, 10)
			npcHandler:say("Thanks! Your new Deep Sea Fishing Pole is waiting in my house. When you have it ask me about your next mission.", cid)
			doPlayerAddExp(cid, exp1)
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"You have gained 2000 experience.")
	        doSendMagicEffect(pos, CONST_ME_REDSHIMMER)
			setPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage, 2)
			Topic[cid] = 1
		else
			npcHandler:say("Sorry, you don\'t have everything I asked for.", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 0
		end
	elseif msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and Topic[cid] == 4 then
		if getPlayerItemCount(cid, 10556) >= 10 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 10553) >= 5 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 10557) >= 1 then
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 10556, 10)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 10553, 5)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 10557, 1)
			npcHandler:say("Well done! You are now officially an Apprentice Fisherman! Go talk to Polgara for your next task.", cid)
			doPlayerAddExp(cid, exp2)
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"You have gained 4000 experience.")
            doSendMagicEffect(pos, CONST_ME_REDSHIMMER)
			setPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage, 5)
			Topic[cid] = 0
		else
			Topic[cid] = 0
		end
	elseif msgcontains(msg, 'no') and Topic[cid] > 0 then
		npcHandler:say("Okay then.", cid)
		Topic[cid] = 0
	end
	return true
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Last edited:
Maybe
Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)
function onCreatureAppear(cid)                          npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)                        end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)                       npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)                     end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)                  npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)                end
function onThink()                                      npcHandler:onThink()                                    end

local Topic = {}
local storage = 30000
local exp1 = 2000
local exp2 = 4000

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
	if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
		return false
	elseif msgcontains(msg, 'quest') or msgcontains(msg, 'apprentice') or msgcontains(msg, 'mission') then
		local v = getPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage)
		if v == -1 then
			npcHandler:say("You are interested in becoming an apprentice fisherman, eh? The first step is to get a pole. Deep Sea Fishing Poles are quite expensive to make... Bring me 1 Orshabaal brain, 10 Iron Ore, 10 Giant Spider Silk and 10 Yellow Pieces of Cloth. Come back to me and say mission.", cid)
			setPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage, 1)
		elseif v == 1 then
			npcHandler:say("Did you bring me 1 Orshabaal brain, 10 Iron Ore, 10 Giant Spider Silk and 10 Yellow Pieces of Cloth?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 1
		elseif v == 3 then
			npcHandler:say("So! You now have your pole. The next step is to prove to me that you can fish. Bring me 10 Common Silmy Objects, 5 Uncommon Slimy Objects and 1 Rare Slimy Object. Come back to me and say mission.", cid)
			setPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage, 4)	
		elseif v == 4 then
			npcHandler:say("Did you bring me 10 Common Silmy Objects, 5 Uncommon Slimy Objects and 1 Rare Slimy Object?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 4
		elseif v == 5 then
			npcHandler:say("You have completed all my missions. Speak with Polgara to become an Intermediate Fisherman!", cid)
		end
	elseif msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and Topic[cid] == 1 then
		if getPlayerItemCount(cid, 5808) >= 1 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 5914) >= 10 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 5879) >= 10 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 5880) >= 10 then
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 5808, 1)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 5914, 10)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 5879, 10)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 5880, 10)
			npcHandler:say("Thanks! Your new Deep Sea Fishing Pole is waiting in my house. When you have it ask me about your next mission.", cid)
			doPlayerAddExp(cid, exp1)
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"You have gained 2000 experience.")
	        doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid), CONST_ME_REDSHIMMER)
			setPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage, 2)
			Topic[cid] = 1
		else
			Topic[cid] = 0
		end
	elseif msgcontains(msg, 'yes') and Topic[cid] == 4 then
		if getPlayerItemCount(cid, 10556) >= 10 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 10553) >= 5 and getPlayerItemCount(cid, 10557) >= 1 then
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 10556, 10)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 10553, 5)
			doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 10557, 1)
			npcHandler:say("Well done! You are now officially an Apprentice Fisherman! Go talk to Polgara for your next task.", cid)
			doPlayerAddExp(cid, exp2)
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"You have gained 4000 experience.")
            doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid), CONST_ME_REDSHIMMER)
			setPlayerStorageValue(cid, storage, 5)
			Topic[cid] = 0
		else
			Topic[cid] = 0
		end
	elseif msgcontains(msg, 'no') and Topic[cid] > 0 then
		npcHandler:say("Okay then.", cid)
		Topic[cid] = 0
	end
	return true
end

npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Back