• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved NPC with SQL query, so difficult to me...

vejin

I'm not an expert.
Reaction score
Hello.
I'd like to place an NPC in my server who gives to us a new character:
if you already have a druid on acc, you won't get new druid or sorc,
if you already have a sorc on acc, you won't also get new druid or sorc.
you need to have some storage value >= 1000 to get this converstation with npc started.

I could actually do it myself, but it definitely needs knowledge of sql which I don't know at all... (except phpmyadmin :D)

Is there anyone who could just make this NPC or eventually give me an advice how should I make a query in NPC which checks characters on account?
I'd be grateful

I'm using TFS 1.0 and mysql through phpmyadmin.

@EDIT solved! at last!

query should look like this:
Code:
local acc = getAccountNumberByPlayerName(cid)
local vocid = 2 --druid
local check = db.storeQuery("SELECT * FROM players WHERE `account_id` = ".. db.escapeString(acc) .." AND `vocation` = " .. vocid)
if check ~= false then
       selfSay("You already have druid!", cid)
end

Last edited:
Thank you so much!
Another one yet too hard to me, how should look query which adds a character? only this one and I am saved :)

If you go to phpmyadmin then click table players, SQL and INSERT, then you get the query how to create a character, just change the values then.

@UP Got it, works.

Code:
db.query("SELECT `vocation` FROM `players` WHERE `account_id` = "..getPlayerAccountId(cid))
What kind of value does it return? is it bool? How to insert there e.g. 1 or 2 voc id to check it out?
And how to check name if it is already used? Kill me, but I really do not get sql.

@edit
Found out that name thing:
Code:
local result_plr = db.getResult("SELECT * FROM players WHERE `name` = '"..myname.."';")
if(result_plr:getID() ~= -1) then
'already in use blah blah'

but still don't get the vocation thing. Tried already to check values returned at phpmyadmin but it returns 0 lines...

@edit 'bout the vocation thing:
finally made a right syntax in pma and it returned me 6 lines with all available vocations in my account. I checked how it returns in lua:
Code:
db.storeQuery("SELECT `vocation` FROM `players` WHERE `account_id` = 1")
it returned value: 10 then 11, next time 12, and another time 13... so I changed db.storeQuery to db.query and now it returns 'true'

another, and I hope final question is how to take out of this information about existing druids and sorcs in my acc?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom