• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Objectbuilder importing png outfit sprites

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
I am having many issues importing .png outfit sprites just by dragging them to Objectbuilder, I can't save them.
Is it possible and am I doing it the correct way or do I need to add/change something else?

testwing.gif
I have tried several Objectbuilders, I will link a few here.
I have also tried compiling Objectbuilder by myself following this tutorial, Because as much as I know this ObjectBuilder has a few new commits that fix this issue but I failed to compile it because Flex SDK installer fails to download some packages, I googled the issue and looks like some AIR links expired/changed.
TL;DR
Can someone compile this Objectbuilder for me or tell me the correct way to import .png outfit sprites without having to slice them and without having the same issue above (the main issue is importing .png) so if compiling doesn't import it then it doesn't solve the issue/thread.

Solution
I know only of OB 0.4.8 that has completely working drag & drop feature. Adding these wings and auras took me like few minutes because of this.
They are all working great on v8 (ofc after adjusting offsets and enabling proper game features).
Make sure all auras and wings have Animate Always flag enabled.
The issue with OBJ is annoying AF sometimes it works for me sometimes just bugs and don't let me save.
About the cropping the wings, always when you want to add an addon and you have the sheet like that use the Animation Editor
Just like i did here: ObjectBuilder_ZL60XHX5yT.png

• Always select the correct category, in this case wings its an outfit right?
    • Select the proper crop size Width + Height in this case are 64x both
    • Columns and Rows self explanatory
    • IDLE ANIMATION COUNT (In this case there's 4 animation per side, so select idle animation count: 4
And then just click on crop and SAVE as .OBJ
One tip: Save as OBJ then replace an empty sprite let's say u have 1442 empty, right click then replace and select the exported .obj file and try to save/compile like that

The issue with OBJ is annoying AF sometimes it works for me sometimes just bugs and don't let me save.
About the cropping the wings, always when you want to add an addon and you have the sheet like that use the Animation Editor
Just like i did here: View attachment 68982

• IDLE ANIMATION COUNT (In this case there's 4 animation per side, so select idle animation count: 4
One tip: Save as OBJ then replace an empty sprite let's say u have 1442 empty, right click then replace and select the exported .obj file and try to save/compile like that
Thank you, I have actually tried to do it the same way you just explained, @Levi999x also showed it to me using share screen before posting this thread.
And he has made/exported all the .obd ones in this thread the same way as much as I know but most of them look so weird in-game, What's causing it to look like this? Example: One of the Auras.
badlooking.gif

Thank you, I have actually tried to do it the same way you just explained, @Levi999x also showed it to me using share screen before posting this thread.
And he has made/exported all the .obd ones in this thread the same way as much as I know but most of them look so weird in-game, What's causing it to look like this? Example: One of the Auras.
View attachment 68983
I think this is something about offset, I know There is system like thisLooking for OTCV8 developer to make offset (https://otland.net/threads/looking-for-otcv8-developer-to-make-offset.278638/)

View attachment 68983
Either idle animation count don't match the frames of the aura (as I can see) or the speed animation of the aura is way too slow! Is that aura in Levi post? So I can test by myself

Never heard of such a system (I am new to everything related to spriting), So some Auras will require a system to work as intended?
Either idle animation count don't match the frames of the aura (as I can see) or the speed animation of the aura is way too slow! Is that aura in Levi post? So I can test by myself
Yes, He released it in the thread I linked.
So I will have to test different animation speeds for some of the Auras to get them to look properly? But it seems like something is wrong with the offset too? It doesn't look in the right position of the character.
oen432 mentioned that most of them are supposed to be layered not sure what he meant exactly tho.

Note: Excuse my very low knowledge in this matter, I've only used Objectbuilder a few countable times.

Last edited:
Never heard of such a system (I am new to everything related to spriting), So some Auras will require a system to work as intended?

Yes, He released it in the thread I linked.
So I will have to test different animation speeds for some of the Auras to get them to look properly? But it seems like something is wrong with the offset too? It doesn't look in the right position of the charakter
I think this only required for big auras and wings, dont have that system yet 😂
Post automatically merged:

Just like i did here: View attachment 68982

Too bad it can be done only on obj 0.3.3 :/ Or i am missing something because i don't have groups in animator editor :x

Last edited:
If im not wrong layering is for big auras that have front/back?
But this aura in particular should be in front of the players (if im not wrong x2)
I did a test with OBJ 0.3.3 and groups are there try using it like this: ObjectBuilder_8gCLr7hnAY.png otclient_gl_rZZiHgLBxG.gif
- Did nothing different i just cropped like i showed above. (also that speed u see is 100 so i guess its the default speed?)

I know only of OB 0.4.8 that has completely working drag & drop feature. Adding these wings and auras took me like few minutes because of this.
They are all working great on v8 (ofc after adjusting offsets and enabling proper game features).

Solution
If im not wrong layering is for big auras that have front/back?
But this aura in particular should be in front of the players (if im not wrong x2)
I did a test with OBJ 0.3.3 and groups are there try using it like this: View attachment 68990 View attachment 68991
- Did nothing different i just cropped like i showed above. (also that speed u see is 100 so i guess its the default speed?)
Might just have been an issue with my cropping or speed, This one looks good.
Thank you, I will just go with .png dragging a lot easier than cropping anyway.
Thank you, I have just downloaded Objectbuilder 0.4.8 and dragged almost the whole package of Levi.
Going to check it in-game and adjust offsets.

I meant drag & drop sprite sheets, not obd files.
That's what I did, I drag & drop the .png sprite sheets and then saved them to .obd so I can replace them later in different clients.

Yea i also did it like that imagine my face when i realized it possible, i was cropping everything before one by one xD

I've used drag & drop .png sprite sheet and then exported it as .obd and imported it using a more updated Objectbuilder.
Most Auras look perfect in-game.
But the issues start to happen with Wings, I am very bad at this, I will post screenshots and gifs of how I made it, I hope someone corrects my mistakes or give me an example of premade one.
The first ones are just clean importing without changing anything, I only tried changing Crop Size to 64.
WingsWithoutOffset1.PNG
WingsWithoutOffset2.PNG
WingsWithoutOffset3.PNG
WingsWithoutOffset.gif
The second ones are after trying to change offset (The first time for me), I also tried to change Crop Size to 32 and 64 on this one too.
WingwithOffset1.PNG
Wingwith-Offset2.png

Wingwith-Offset3.png

WingsWithOffset.gif

I am using OTCv8 and those are the game_features I've added related to Wings and Auras.
Lua:
        g_game.enableFeature(GameWingsAndAura)
        g_game.enableFeature(GameOutfitShaders)
        --g_game.enableFeature(GameAuraFrontAndBack)
        g_game.enableFeature(GameDrawAuraOnTop)
        g_game.enableFeature(GameWingOffset)
        --g_game.enableFeature(GameMapDrawGroundFirst)
I tried with and without enabling GameAuraFrontAndBack and GameMapDrawGroundFirst.

for some reason im having the same issue with the wings offset, if i add negative values to OBJ wings won't appear in client it seems my client only allows positive offset values.

for some reason im having the same issue with the wings offset, if i add negative values to OBJ wings won't appear in client it seems my client only allows positive offset values.
Same, I can't even add negative values.

as far as i know some servers are using OTML folder from OTCV8 and using a code similar to this:
Lua:
outfit
bars-offset-y: 15
outfit-offset-x: 1
outfit-offset-y: -1

effect
offset-y: -8
offset-x: 5
So they can add offsets/ negative offsets inside things/otml otcv8 file
Example: outfits.otml inside OTML folder with that values inside

Tho i don't really know if its a new OTCV8 feature, source edit or something

as far as i know some servers are using OTML folder from OTCV8 and using a code similar to this:
Lua:
outfit

effect

I don't think so, I read it on OTA Discord and looks like it requires source edits which OFC (most of us don't have) so unless it is released to the free version we'll not be able to do it.

Lua:
outfit

effect

It's useless for wings. You would need offset for each direction.

Back