• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Occurred fatal error LNK1104 for no reason?

Stanos

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello so i did some changes in source and i though about rebuilding source, so im including one thing that i didnt changed my lib or removed anything it worked yesterday and and etc i had no problems. So i was installing some stuff in background so it made my pc really laggy so it opened like 5projects, visual studio crashed then i stopped all stuff and opened my project once again and i had this error now.

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'lua51.lib'
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(638,5): error MSB6006: "link.exe" exited with code 1104.
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

What the error is saying, is that you are trying to link lua51.lib which cannot be found on path you pointed at.
Are you sure that
a) you do have lua51.lib file somewhere on your computer
b) project linker is pointing to this path?

What the error is saying, is that you are trying to link lua51.lib which cannot be found on path you pointed at.
Are you sure that
a) you do have lua51.lib file somewhere on your computer
b) project linker is pointing to this path?
Ofc i have its not the first time compiling source

It looks like configuration manager, changed project settings to 32bits automatically, so if someone is having same error make sure its on 64bits.