• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Official OTLand Map Editor?

Ye, Otland has less programmers available and a smaller community i think, so the chances of a programmer being available to help could be small.
I don't think so, the activity on OTLand has been larger than the activity on OTFans, so our community is more active.

If Remere decides to leave another person will just continue, but I'm pretty sure Remere will be there for a long time. He will atleast update the mapeditor to the new clients just like SimOne is doing now for his own. But if people would like to start a project like this now, then nothing stops them for doing so, it would be a good experience for them tho.

If Remere decides to leave another person will just continue, but I'm pretty sure Remere will be there for a long time. He will atleast update the mapeditor to the new clients just like SimOne is doing now for his own. But if people would like to start a project like this now, then nothing stops them for doing so, it would be a good experience for them tho.

AFAIK RME is not OpenSource, so who will continue his map editor without src? :p

Well most of you know that Remere's Map editor is specifically made for OTServ, so our OTB files aren't the same, and many other things. Well don't you think OTLand should make a Map editor of their own? We wouldn't have to worry about Remere's Map Editor being outdated and such. I think this would be good for OTLand as well, so we can limit the resources we use from OTFans as much as possible. I know that most of the official programmers are busy doing other things Like TFS, ModernAAC, Vapus, etc but there has to be some other programmers out there that would be willing to help with this project.

So what do you think? Is this a good idea or not?

I'm afraid that's why he decided to close the sources just because he doesn't want to have 2 diffrent items.otb which is horrible idea.
I'm also afraid that u will not find such programmer like Remere with good known of his own sources or with enought experience to start developing map editor from scratch such good as rme is.

no programmer in OT community can match Remere and the best programmers will not want to do this.... gl but you'll never get a mapeditor even close to SimOne's one so just stick to RME

TFS is currently updating so we can use the items.otb from remeres mapeditor.
No new mapeditor needed.

no programmer in OT community can match Remere and the best programmers will not want to do this.... gl but you'll never get a mapeditor even close to SimOne's one so just stick to RME

Doesn't matter if a new mapeditor doesn't have those fancy functions like RME has as long as we have a mapeditor. Anyway, the only reason to make a new mapeditor at this moment from stractch is to learn something from it for yourself.

nobody's gonna use it if it aint got functions like RME..... so it be a complete waste of time for creator ;>

Back