• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] July Sign Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Ayleid

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
62tGx.png

READ THIS!!!!

How do I sign up?
To make the competition more interesting, we have decided to make it so that anyone that wishes to enter should PM me, this way we can kinda keep the competition hidden, which will only make it more interesting :D

Why should I enter?
To have fun of course, challenge yourself against other mappers here on OtLand. There is also a chance to win a donator subscription on OtLand.

How can I win the donator subscrition?
Win 3 Official OtLand Mapping Competitions (1 point per win), I will keep a record of winners and how many points they have.
When you win 3 Official OtLand Mapping Competitions, I will get in contact with Talaturen and let him know you have
3 points and would like to exchange them for your donator subscription.

Rules
(Can be changed at any time)

This month, we allow the participants to send up to 5 pictures to show different areas in their map (In-game/Map Editor)
The picture must be new and not already shown somewhere
No custom sprites
Do not discuss your piece with any other participant/member
The submitted piece must correspond with the set theme
Team mapping is not allowed
If you decide to submit an ingame picture, character names must be turned off. (Ctrl + N)
NEW RULE: If you sign up and don't send your contest map, then you will be banned from the next month competition!
NEW RULE: If you notify the contest holder (Scarlet Ayleid) before the submission date you will acquitted (not be banned) for the next contest.
http://otland.net/f379/official-otland-mapping-contest-rules-faq-154904/

PARTICIPANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR WORK BY 24 July 2012

Read the text below to understand this month's theme, New Lands!

This month we have decided to go with Macedoon suggestion, as it was pretty interesting and different from what we have done before

Macedoon suggestion is basically, make up a story
You are exploring the sea, then you see an island and you explore that island, which can be of any theme you want(grass, icy, rocky, desertic, ...)

The requirements are:
1 picture of the boat, which for example can look like this
1 picture of the docking/crashing/whatever you want to use
1 pictures of the island

Good luck and have fun

Last edited:
"how can I see who I'm up against?"

Better get that away!

Hmm can we use names which do not link is in anyway whatsoever?! This way we can be like "land hoe!!!" etc :>

You may write a small text in each image(can't be bigger then 1 line) that doesn't identify you

So edit text in or ingame? If not ingame then just make us have to put text above iimages!! Saves "edited effects" etc

if you take your image ingame, use ingame, if you use a map editor, then you can write over it using your preferred tool

Only 1 person has signed up so far :(

Last edited:
you mean sent their entry ;D and mine's on its way :)

yh but we don't wanna be banned from the next one if we cannot send it in time :p so we finish it and send it that way we safe :D

prologic :>

Hmm, new rule: If you notify the contest holder (Scarlet Ayleid) before the submission date you will acquitted for the next contest.

That's better :p but mines almost finished anyway. :p

Mine is finished :D I believe Scarlet should have received them today.
My pieces aren't that great :( Couldn't be f**ked spending too long on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back