• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Old Threads

Amiroslo

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
I thought about a system if its possible. A system that deletes a thread that is older than 1 year and not been used, just to not let people bump it or so, or it just closes the thread automatic, or even maybe it moves it to a board where a if thread is older than 1 year it gets moved there. Year can be changed, it can be 2 years instead of 1. It is just a suggestion!

Thanks

Some old threads can still be usefull, like script threads, so I think the delete option isn't good. Also the close options is not handy if someone wants for example continue with his mapping thread and still want his older pictures in the thread. Maybe if a thread gets bumped for no reason a mod can just delete the post.

TeamLiquid: Warning - Old thread
Maybe adding a bright-red warning in all-caps that says "This thread is older than 2 months, don't revive it unless you have something useful to add, no pointless comments pls" or whatever would help. Maybe even as a "are you sure?"-type window that shows up when they click the post button.

It's not going to stop idiots that acctually think "lol" is a useful comment to add to a year-old thread, but it will save some threads at least.

Works well there, Nazi it up in here.

no need for it
if someone bumps an old thread without proper justification, report it and we'll deal with it, its not like it happens everyday, more like once or twice every couple weeks, so no biggie :)

Are we really gonna have a new Suggestion/Complaint thread everyday from now on? lol

i'd say no, well maybe auto-close em but NOT delete. since they can be really helpful

It would be cool if a user can remove his (old) own threads in every board. (-:
Because he/she has might threads he/she does not want any longer.

i'd say no, well maybe auto-close em but NOT delete. since they can be really helpful
This.

Also would be cool that the people that started the thread get notified and if they want to have their threads open again they should repost it with updated info.

But still not necessary feature as Scarlet mentioned.

If I want to have my own thread or post to be deleted, why do I have to contact a moderator? It is a task a moderator does not need. Simply add a script every user can remove his/her own threads / posts if he/she wants to.
You could allow it in specific forums only, too. I am very sure it's not very difficult, except figuring out in which document and row threads / posts are being generated so that you can add a button and the script at its most sensible location. If the time to figure it out, takes too much I wouldn't add such a script neither but I haven't configurated and administrated vBulletin forums yet so I am sharing my idea.

Delete old history = no use of google search.

If everyone want to stay fresh.. there wont be any things left on internet that could help you in tricky situations.
Still today, I find posts/threads/pages from 1999-2003 very useful when I'm getting clueless about issues with computer/irl or something.

Back