• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Older Style OT server Questions and Help please!

Nuskigunit

Reaction score
Hello.

Back in the early 2000's when OT servers were just becoming a thing I remember downloading them and hosting them from my home computer simply by editing something in a config file and running and application that just opened a command prompt style thing and boom your server was up and running.

I'm wondering if any of those are around for the simplicity of it. I'm wanting to make my own OT server basically for single player use. As I have got older I just want a more relaxed playstyle of tibia. like back in the day something to just chill and goof around on.

So I guess im asking if any of those type of servers are still around- what they are called- do they come in real map?
Any help on the matter would be greatly apperciated. Thanks to all who took the time to read weather you can help me or not!

Cheers

it's not that much different I think, but you will need to setup a database using like xampp or uniform server. some of these ones now you like download and have to "compile" them. but its still similar. It will require some time and effort though. here is a good tutorial made by Znote
alot of servers you download have errors and bugs that havent been fixed, as far as a map goes I guess some might come with RL map, but i am guessing they wont be 100% and some quests etc might not work.

I would suggest just finding a good server to play honestly, It's more fun to play with others and there are lots of ots with barely anyone online if you wanted to play/explore.
I have been playing here a bit recently([SPAIN] [7.6-CUSTOM] QuestLands (https://otland.net/threads/spain-7-6-custom-questlands.286628/)), but its in beta stage. Set for release next month. Really good community and lots of effort made to make the server awesome. Join discord and see whats up if you want.

Back