• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OMG, UPDATE THIS OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ that loth gena noob still talking after getting scammed by señor retardinho aka alex and still got mouth to talk ok ok sry boss

They are desperate to find edges they can compete with ShadowCores in, and they will be stuck, much like others have been stuck with 8.6 partly because of bad otb file, even if they don't like to admit it. That usually leads to a reset of their server if they want to update unless they have the technical expertise to deal with it (which many don't). We're careful with our updates and make sure we can deliver a stable and smooth experience that we're known for. Here are my speculations about how other servers have updated to a newer version than ShadowCores:
1) They created their own items.otb file and will be fucked over when we release the official one, because it's unlikely to match theirs because the update process past 10.41 is a bit different than just hitting "Update" in otitemeditor.
2) They are not using OTLand IP Changer, because it hasn't been updated past 10.41, I don't know what they are using, maybe they made a temporary IP Changer for the version they're using, or they're distributing a modified version of CipSoft's client (which is illegal) or forcing everyone to use OTClient (which degrades the user experience for people who aren't comfortable with it). We're the developers of OTLand IP Changer, so we will make sure it's updated along with ShadowCores and LunarForce when the update is ready.
3) They are not using sprites that have had significant attribute changes on their map, which would cause clients to debug, or they are using that and don't care about their players who get client crashes.

I don't blame anyone who chooses to play on other servers due to lack of updates here, I've already been honest with everyone with what they should expect and I encourage people who don't like the current state of ShadowCores to spend their time elsewhere because I don't want people to be disappointed because the update is delayed or doesn't contain what they were expecting. People like to say that I don't care because of that, but it's the opposite, if I didn't care I wouldn't be writing these posts to let you know that it's still in the works. Sadly, I've had to spend more time moderating the forums in the past week than working on the update.

It is not in my best interest to fool people to play on ShadowCores if they don't like it in its current state, it's in my best interest to make sure everyone is informed and plays because they enjoy ShadowCores in its current state.

We will also be updating directly to the latest version, not some outdated 10.5x version that other servers are stuck on right now.

http://otland.net/threads/update-client.225374/#post-2171289

What does that mean for servers with less than 871 players online? Is every server dead by your definition of "dead"?

There will never be an update with the content you're expecting; if that makes you not want to play on ShadowCores, then please spend your time elsewhere.
I just want new sprites

I would consider it if the majority of the community wants it, but I don't think they do.

You'll get that soon.

I don't care about any new pvp-system... I just care about newest client and sprites. Ofc the new citys would also be nice, but I will still play without them.

If everything goes as planned, the update to 10.7 will be on the server save of December 14th. The new version of the IP Changer is currently being rolled out to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back