• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ONE OF THE EASIEST WAYS TO START YOUR OWN SERVER WITHOUT USING phpMyAdmin! (w/ PICS)

ELEM3NT

LUA Status: Beginner
Reaction score
HELLO THERE, ELEM3NT HERE! :D

Today, I will be showing you guys one of the easiest ways to setup a server WITHOUT XAMPP! Not alot of people know about this way. There will only be 3 steps to this process.

Step 1) Find your distribution, find one thats stable and has a pretty good security, I would recommend this: http://otland.net/f18/8-54-8-57-forgotten-server-v0-2-7-mystic-spirit-69185/ Just go there and follow there instructions and don't forget to download the DLL files!

Step 2) Download this... After that, open the program up!

You should see this in the top-right corner:
105p4jb.png

Click on the circled icon...

From there, you should see this:
11sij5x.png

Again, click on the circled icon...

Find your folder where you kept your server at, go into the "Mystic Spirit" folder and click on forgottenserver.s3db:
2rgfclc.png

Once after that, just click on Okay with the green checkmark. ^_^

Step 3) Now,
At the top-right corner you should see this:
2lxz7f7.png

Double click on that circled icon, then click on the plus sign to the left of Tables...

Now you should be able to see all the same things you would be able to see on phpMyAdmin:
24z9ds3.png

Your server and database has been finally connected by using this program. You don't even have to touch the SQL part in the config.lua! This way will not be able to give you a AAC, if you want a website for AAC, your gonna have to do it the XAMPP way.

So now, just edit your config.lua to your own settings and do whatever you want with that server!

The server should run perfectly smooth:
359wd9t.png

--HOW TO MAKE A GOD ACCOUNT--

Admin Account Process:
1) Open up SQLite Studios.
2) Go the Tables area. (Picture 2.1b)
3) Double click on accounts.(Picture 2.2b)
5) Click on the Data tab. (Picture 2.3b)
4) Find your account. (Picture 2.4b)
6) Change group_id to 6. (Picture 2.4b)

Admin Character Process:
1) Open up SQLite Studios.
2) Go the Tables area. (Picture 2.1b)
3) Double click on players (Picture 2.2b)
4) Click on the Data tab. (Picture 2.3b)
5) Find your character (Picture 2.4b)
6) Change group_id to 6. (Picture 2.4b)

-Screenshots-

Picture 2.1b:
2zjdpjq.png

Picture 2.2b:
2j272uo.png

Picture 2.3b:
1zwj3oj.png

Picture 2.4b:
2w7flte.png

That's it folks... If you got any questions, just post some then I'll try to answer them. This is like my 3rd tutorial on things so don't hate :D. REP++ Me if this helped you out alot.

Thank you,
ELEM3NT :thumbup:

Last edited:
@Macaronie, I'm pretty sure because your server isn't out on the internet, the web. There is no way people can get into it... the only way is by them hacking to your computer and opening up the program.

@Derek Boom Boom, Oh is there?

@Macaronie, Im not sure about that... my old server had about 300+ on it once and it runned perfectly fine... I was just testing with it, I used a magebomb and signed all 300 on at once and there was no lag.

sqlite is more safe than mysql.

Unless you add Gesior to it.

Mysql tends to be faster though.

i am very beginner lol but um how do u get it to go online? cus like i just have the files and everything for it and i want to get it online but how do you run it?

Back