• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

One of them special pvp servers i think people would enjoy. Discussion.

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
___________​
In recent years I've Always wanted to have this one special pvp server. Although no one hosts one. So i have to make my own with the help from very good friends in 8ware, aka, Therran.

This is not an advertising thread but discussion if you guys would even try the server or maybe come up with better ideas for the server(if you want to share or have it for yourselves is up to you).​

*3 vocations: Melee, ranged, mage. Each strong against one and weak against one.
*No matter the level you always run as fast as everyone else. Like a level 60 or so.​
-A player start at level 1 and max level is 25.
-Every experience required per level is the same as the previous level.
100 exp needed for every level up to 25.
-Monsters give no exp.
-A solo kill on a player gives 5 exp(5%).
-Up to 5 players on one kill splits this 5% down to minimum 1 exp(1%) of your level(measured by most damage done to target).
*On every player kill one dog-tag will be given to top 3 players, and top 2 will also get one gem each.
-Dog-tags are used to upgrade your equipment and sometimes spells used in battle.
-Gems are used to buy outfits/addons and later -on mounts(which clearly gives you and advantage).
-If solo kill, player will get one dog-tag and two gems(and of course all that juicy 5% exp).
*No combat for 30 seconds will heal you up to full, unless you get in combat again.

Or you dont.
(The re-playability that i like the most)
-Decrease to level 1-
Gain a title showing off your experience in combat(instead of "Nemphis" you see "Veteran Nemphis")
Keep all your outfits and mounts(if you have any)
-Be able to finally upgrade to EPIC.. or even legendary equipment-
-Like You have items worth of 300 dog-tags. You are given 100 new dog-tags and all your items goes down to level 1, like you do. With these you get advantage to upgrade your items very early giving you the upper hand. Use all of them for a weapon, or a shield. Up to you..
I'll tell you.

*The main base is pretty small.
-So outside of combat you can hang out. Like the pub, we're all friends there, eh?
-Inside the main base is shop for weapons, armor, outfits/mounts and food.

*Battlegrounds: Here is where you level up. Join battlegrounds appropriate to your level or one where all levels are welcome to join. IT IS ONLY IN BATTLEGROUNDS YOU CAN LEVEL UP. NOWHERE ELSE.
THE ARENA:Field of Kings.

Tired of battlegrounds?
Try the arena located very, very visible and easy to find in the main base of the map.
*******Enter the arena and gain level 20 instantly(If you are below 20 that is).
**If you die or leave the arena you will go back to your original level. Fuck it, enter again.
The only advantage you are given in the arena is if you already are level 21-25(which requires battlegrounds to level, like i said before).

THE ARENA:Field of Kings.
EVENTS.
I personally think that this will be the most fun of the entire server.
The events that I've though of is the following:
1.King of the hill!
(3x3 tiles in the middle of the arena)
-White: 2 point / sec
-Grey: 3 point / sec
-Black: 5 point / sec
-First to 100 points win a price!

2. A dragons warmth.
-First player to get 15 stacks of burning flame wins a price.
(Basically there will be a special statue in the middle turning around shooting an area special spell that gives you a stack. This hurts and stacks. If you survive all the way to 15 stacks, you win.(Players can kill you and reset your stacks(leaving the arena resets your stacks)).

3. The darkness inside me.
First player to enter field of kings will become something else.
-Kill that enhanced player(that is having a blast) and first player to loot him: wins.

4. As one.
Defeat the spawning monsters... or those that wish to defeat them.
If you manage to kill the boss in time - A chest will spawn with loot. Fast hands will win you the price.

Is this playable?

Oh, yea. I forgot to mention(1): Every weapon and item have custom sprites, made by me.
Forgot once again(2): All players will have a dull ring. This can be enchanted by everyone for special extra effects and abilities. Only one enchant per ring.
Examples:
*Small extra walking speed.
*If you die you explode dealing damage to everything around you.
Next kill gives double exp.
*If you go below, lets say 20% hp you instantly is give 100% Hp. This can only occur once every 5 minutes.
*Every time you kill your enemy a monster will appear to fight by your side.
*Every once in a while you hurl and get stunned for a brief second. But everyone you hit gets stunned longer! win-win?

Last edited:
Sounds like good ideas, But where are images showing things, always nice to have some images to look at :)

I'll post some screens of what I have so far. Not much but hey, its something. I'll edit this post when they come.
Fhm-vAp.png

7tVtvp5.png
nI3mDSv.png
O20KF5F.png
p7VqA_Q.png
ybIKPJP.png

H4SIy49.png

The main base is more or less done. Right now I'm working on the basics on how the fighting system and how you die etc works. If you like want, I'll post more.

I still don't know how to do the items.
*Upgrade all the way from normal items to Epic through npcs and Dog-tags.
*You need two normals to get one blue - two blues to get Epic - and Epic/legendarys comes from events as rewards?
f8El1V4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool, just out of curiosity how many people work with you?

very cool, just out of curiosity how many people work with you?
Mapping, spriting, making all the final decisions is me.
I do scripting and i understand scripting but sometimes i need help and i turn to two people.
They dont do the scripts without me, im sitting there watching Everything and Learning more and more every line they put in. So soon i'll do most of it myself :)

This is what i've come up with regarding to gaining better items.

First of all: Normal items.
Kill players to loot this "X" item. 100% drop chance if you get the kill.
Use these "X" to upgrade your normal items from shops. All weapons have 5 item stages. Armors and offhands have 3. All these item stages have their own better item quality, superior, Epic and legendary.

Lets say these are the gems we play with: White, Green, Blue, Purple and Yellow.
1-2x White can be dropped from players.

5x White = 1x green. (Can also be won in arena events, very high drop rate)​

4x green + 1x White = 1x blue (Can also be won in arena events, medium drop rate)​

3x blue + 1x green = 1x Purple (Can also be won in arena events, rare drop rate)​

1x yellow (Can only be won in arena events, very rare drop rate)

Complete items can also drop from events. All random loot so you can sell it to Another player for gems.​

2x blue + normal item= Blue item(superior)
2x Purple + blue item= Purple item(Epic)
2x yellow + Epic item = orange item(Legendary)

Does this seem reasonable? I'd like thoughts if this could work or not. Maybe i havent thought this through and it doesnt make any sence...

Thanks

Interesting idea. I think you should just do it and not worry about what people think until it's online. :)

Opinions change. ;)

Last edited:
I really like this kind of game ideas and I believe you should start simple and keep on adding stuff as the server goes.
So you can test what really works and what does not.
In some point, you can start charging for it.
Buy you shouldn't do what I say, do what you want.

Back