• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

One question about be pinged

bylundjonas

"Tibia Mapper"
Reaction score
I wanna start my realmap 8.50 today but i am so nervous to get pinged by polacks or someting i have a d-link router can i get pinged if i be that how i remove pinging?

I wanna start my realmap 8.50 today but i am so nervous to get pinged by polacks or someting i have a d-link router can i get pinged if i be that how i remove pinging?

"Ping"? I think you are thinking of DDoS.

Doubtful, however if you would be DDoS attacked, all you need to do is to call your ISP and they will take care of the rest. DDoS is illegal and in Sweden, you can get 2 years in prison for it, but depends on how serious the matter is.

Hardware Firewall (If you can afford it).

I might be way wrong but can't you just configure the Windows Firewall against DDoS? Why wouldn't it work..

Software firewalls are not a good way to defend yourself against DOS attacks. Your server will end up using an exceptional amount of resources just to block such attacks.

If u get pinged u only get a shitfuck laag during the pinging. If u get DDoS the server just will eventually crash or fuck up. Just don't care too much about DDoS, not easy to perform xd

im glad someone DoS'ed me, they took the channel block off at the telephone pole because of it now i get all free channels :)

are there any Scripts (not server scripts lawl) to defend DDoS attacks?

//Cazar

are there any Scripts (not server scripts lawl) to defend DDoS attacks?

//Cazar

DDoS is a hardware attack..whats the point in putting a firewall on computer if their pwning your modem?

look this is how it works

BOTNET COMPUTERS RAPING > MODEM > COMPUTER.

they shut down your modem before your comp can react...use a traffic analyzer..send the attacking ips to your ISP and they will block it from their whole network it really works and screws them over :)

However that is not the only way to DoS you, often servers have bugs in them, allowing players to make huge lag. For example a friends server had the possibility to get like 1000 wands at the same time for free from the NPC, making the server lag massively every time he did it.

Back