• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OOMC Rules | FAQ | Winners | Suspensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Ayleid

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
Hello OTLand, From this month forward we'll be introducing a monthly contest here on OTLand, participate and get a chance to win a Premium Account!

The contest will go like this:
  • During the first few days of every month there will be a sign up thread that allows you to sign up to the contest, this period is generally the 1st-8th of every month. (Sign up Phase)
  • You will have approximately 1-2 weeks to send us your submission (Mapping Phase)
  • After the submission phase closes, a poll with all entries, members can vote during that week until the poll closes (Voting Phase)
  • During the rest of the month people may take a break if they wish since this is when Peroxide & Scarlet Ayleid decide on the next months theme

It is mandatory to sign up, otherwise your submission won't be accepted!
What can I win?

A member that wins a contest will win a Premium Account Status here on OTLand, if you already have one it will be extended.
Sometimes there are special prizes, you can find out if there is a special prize in the sign up thread for a contest.
Note: 1 win is 1 month of premium status

If you have any questions about the mapping contest please send a private message to:
Please also check here as your question may have already been answered.

Quick Links:
We hope that you have fun participating in the contest,
OTLand Mods

Last edited by a moderator:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Can we map in a team?
A: No, all submissions must be the work of the member that submitted them.

Q: Does it matter which client version I use?
A: No, you can map with any client version you want, as long as they're not custom sprites

Q: Can we use monsters on our maps?
A: Yes, you are allowed to use monsters.

Q: Can we show our player name if we decide to submit an ingame screenshot?
A: No, we're trying to keep the submissions as anonymous as possible, to turn off showing your players name use Ctrl + N. No health bar would be appreciated aswell, though its not compulsory to block out the health bar.

Q: Can we use after-mapping effects like using Photoshop to edit the pic?
A: No, the picture must be unaltered.

Q: Is it fine if I sign up and don't send my map later?
A: Due to having many people do this, we have decided to add an extra rule that if a person signs up and doesn't send the piece, that person will be banned from the next month competition!

Q: What happens if I do not submit my pieces for the competition in time?
A: If you notify the contest holder before the submission dates that you cannot submit, you will be acquitted for the next contest (not be banned from joining). If you do not notify the contest holder before the submission dates, you will be banned from joining the next contest.

How the contest works

1st Week: Signups & Mapping & Submission
2st Week: Mapping & Submission
3rd Week: Voting
4th Week: Voting

Whats the difference between a suspension and a ban?

• A suspension is more of a light warning which lasts for 1 month, most likely received because of a failure to submit your piece after signing up, but can also be applied to other situations.
    -
  • A ban is more of a heavy suspension and lasts 3 months following the current contest or it can be permanent, these are given if you break a major rule, most likely saying in public which map is yours or by voting for yourself or using someone else's map and submitting it as your entry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back