• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Open a channel on login?

AmpedGM

Reaction score
I was wondering if its possible to make a channel open such as default does right away when you log in.

The channel would be from this thread, it's called death channel and I want it to automatically be open upon login.

Thanks,
Amped GM

There was a similar post like this few days ago... As I know there is no way to do that, since then you have to change the client and such, since players shall decide what they want up or not... Im afraid that wont work.

Regards
NoX

don't know if it works but try to add this to login.lua
Lua:
doPlayerSendChannelMessage(oid, "Death channel", "Death Channel has been opened.", TALKTYPE_CHANNEL_O, CHANNEL_DEATH)

[26/09/2009 17:13:16] luaDoPlayerSendChannelMessage(). Player not found

This message was returned when I put that in login.lua
Is there any way to solve that issue and have it work?

this is what I came out on the first try

Code:
luaDoPlayerSendChannelMessage(). Player not found

After nothing came out I think it works or not I'm doing it could help?

PLEASE HELP MASTER-M

Last edited:
Still looking into this, is it truly not possible. And if not, Is it possible maybe to make an item clickable to open a channel?

Per say if you were to click on a statue with words above it going up in color saying 'check out our new death channel feature!' and have it open the 'death channel'?

I'm not much of a scripter, but It doesnt seem like it would be to hard if its possible that is.

Thanks,
GM Amped

its not currently possible in Lua, I'm pretty sure its possible in source though. Since the server can open channels by sending bytes to the client.

Lua:
doPlayerSendChannelMessage(cid, "Death channel", "Death Channel has been opened.", TALKTYPE_CHANNEL_O, CHANNEL_DEATH)

correction of Master-M's code :p However you also have to define CHANNEL_DEATH in constant.lua !

Lua:
doPlayerSendChannelMessage(cid, "Death channel", "Death Channel has been opened.", TALKTYPE_CHANNEL_O, CHANNEL_DEATH)

correction of Master-M's code :p However you also have to define CHANNEL_DEATH in constant.lua !

lol yeah I just to it out of the code xd. I still think its wrong la0ll

Back