• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Ovh VPS port 3306 closed

kozmo

Solutions
Reaction score
Just testing ovh host for the first time it seems that MYsql port 3306 is blocked on this vps
i am wondering if anyone has been through this before and manged to get it working thanks.
I have tried to open all ports through firewall but of course that doesnt not work when i got
server port 80 and 443 works right away but cant seem to get 7171 etc to work either.

Take a look at iptables, and selinux / windows firewall. The port is accessible for me on ovh vps host.

Neither of these worked iv contacted ovh support.

why 3306 mysql is still closed after port forward two different ways,
am i missing something or do they have to fix that?
Can i use or open another port instead of using 3306 for mysql?

Can anyone help.
Thank you

This is what OVH said im stuck..

Sadly as mentioned, we do not block ports on our end, only ports we block is port 25 if our clients cause spam, we would suggest verifying the configurations of the services which are using port 3306 and to verify if the service is listening on that port which can be done using the command below in command-prompt with administrator permission:

C:\Users\username> netstat -anb -p TCP

On our end we can see that the port is closed when performing a port scan:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nmap -PN 0 -p 3306
Starting Nmap 7.80 ( Nmap: the Network Mapper - Free Security Scanner (https://nmap.org) ) at 2023-12-25 07:57 EST
Nmap scan report for vps-0feea792.vps.ovh.ca (0)
Host is up (0.011s latency).

PORT STATE SERVICE
3306/tcp closed mysql

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.03 seconds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When looking into your Network Firewall configurations, you have no Refuse All IPv4 for rule 19 and the source and destination ports configured are not correctly done, the ports should be under destination if those ports have to be exposed to the internet of your server. Having destination and source port on 1 line will not work. You can also disable the Network Firewall to if you believe this is what is blocking the port, however before the Network Firewall was disabled and the port was still showing as closed on your servers end.

This would be technically out of our scope of support, since it is relating to software and configurations. You may have to do research online of the service you are configuring for more insight or perhaps reach out to a professional server administrator for further assistance or our partners.

Last edited:
Normally you DO NOT need to make your mysql publically accessible. Mysql is by default setup to bind only on localhost.
Check your mysql config file:
Lua:
bind-address

For database setup I would rather host own VPN on the machine and connect through it to MySQL with use of e.g. DBeaver

Back