• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows OPEN PORTS, PLEASE HELP

Dendo432

Reaction score
Hey, im trying to start and XML server i know its outdated but im planning on making an 8.0 otserver just for fun, but im having trouble opening up my ports so my friend can enter the server my router is Telia Sagemcom Fast5370e-01. i'll post a few pictures and hopes you guys can help me get this shit working,

the ip you can see which is 78.70.134.222 is the one taken from whatismyip.org

Attachments

Disable or allow your ports through Windows Firewall/Router's Firewall and any other services that might be blocking your ports like Internet security programs.

I have a "Telia" Sagemcom Fast5370e and port forwarding simply does not work.

You can put the router in bridged mode, then you can use the LAN 4 port to connect directly to WAN. I do this with an old router on LAN 4 and let the old router do the port forwarding until I get around to replacing the Telia router with one that actually works.

I have a "Telia" Sagemcom Fast5370e and port forwarding simply does not work.

You can put the router in bridged mode, then you can use the LAN 4 port to connect directly to WAN. I do this with an old router on LAN 4 and let the old router do the port forwarding until I get around to replacing the Telia router with one that actually works.

how do you do that? i got an old router aswell i got the bridge mode activated lan 4 on my Fast5370 and then i putted the internetcable into LAN 4 and the other side into WAN on my old router but i still cant get connection to the old one,

First off, it's worth noting that setting it up this way, any device connected to the old router will be on a completely different network than the ones connected to the Fast5370. You won't be able to connect across the two networks using local ip addresses.

The incoming Ethernet cable should plug into the WAN port of the Fast5370, then you put a cable from LAN 4 to WAN of the old router. You computer needs do be plugged into the old router (looks like you're using WiFi, so switch over to the old router's WiFi). Make sure you can get online so you know that everything is working so far.
Next step is to set the port forward on the old router, so check ipconfig again. Your local ip will be different than it was when connected to the Fast5370 unless you have set a static ip on the computer. Set the port forward rules in the old router using your new local ip address.

Assuming bridge mode is enabled (it took me a few tries for it it to "take", you may need to reboot the router) and the old router's port forwarding works you should be set.
I don't think that's the case, the ISP just messed too much with the firmware of the router they send out to customers. 😒

I don't think that's the case, the ISP just messed too much with the firmware of the router they send out to customers. 😒

Which is absolutely typical of most ISPs 😂

But with DSL, the options for your own hardware aren't quite as good as DOCSIS. Either way, always modem should be dumb device that does no thinking for you, separate unit from router, and router should be good model without builtin modem. The combo units always suck. One that is good is like Unicorn, doesn't exist. Devices that think for you to protect you from yourself are a huge pain in the ass.

I waited my whole life to be able to find a place where I could have a good house and fiber, and it is so glorious. I will never move again.

First off, it's worth noting that setting it up this way, any device connected to the old router will be on a completely different network than the ones connected to the Fast5370. You won't be able to connect across the two networks using local ip addresses.

The incoming Ethernet cable should plug into the WAN port of the Fast5370, then you put a cable from LAN 4 to WAN of the old router. You computer needs do be plugged into the old router (looks like you're using WiFi, so switch over to the old router's WiFi). Make sure you can get online so you know that everything is working so far.
Next step is to set the port forward on the old router, so check ipconfig again. Your local ip will be different than it was when connected to the Fast5370 unless you have set a static ip on the computer. Set the port forward rules in the old router using your new local ip address.

Assuming bridge mode is enabled (it took me a few tries for it it to "take", you may need to reboot the router) and the old router's port forwarding works you should be set.

Got the shit working now only problem is the login access to Telia from the old router doesnt works with access key XD

ALSO; if i factory reset the old router when holding in the small button will it then reset the password aswell?

Generally, yes, reseting router wipes settings, and login falls back to "admin/admin" or whatever it was when you first got it. But I've seen a few exceptions to that rule in my time.

Generally, yes, reseting router wipes settings, and login falls back to "admin/admin" or whatever it was when you first got it. But I've seen a few exceptions to that rule in my time.

so i'll have to take a chance then haha this router is about 5 year old or even more

Got the shit working now only problem is the login access to Telia from the old router doesnt works with access key XD
They end up on separate networks, so to access the Telia router, you need to connect to it first. Pro tip, keep your phone on the Telia router's WiFi and use that if you need to change any settings.

Default passwords are usually printed on the label on the bottom of the router.

i setted up new portforwards and start my otserver with that ip adress but when i switch back to the new router i cant acces the server

Attachments

Your computer needs do be plugged into the old router (looks like you're using WiFi, so switch over to the old router's WiFi).
Set the port forward rules in the old router using your new local ip address.
i setted up new portforwards and start my otserver with that ip adress but when i switch back to the new router i cant acces the server
You can't switch back to Telia's router, your computer has to be connected to the old one. Use 127.0.0.1 to connect to the server from your computer or your global ip from anywhere else.
If you don't have TV or telephone connected through Telia's router, just unplug it and use your old router instead. The reason we have to mess around is that Telia broke the firmware, so the port forwarding rules does nothing.
The only real solution is to buy a proper router and put Telia's garbage back in the box it came in (because they will want it back).

Exactly. TP-Link AC1750 Archer 7 is 65USD in USA (about 60 Euro) and is very good affordable model. Perhaps Europe has it for comparable price?

Then see if there is guide to run one of the routers models you have now as modem only.

You haven't show much about the server you are running. Are you sure it's listening at the correct ports and has a login server? Have you tried binding the server to 0.0.0.0 in it's config?

You haven't show much about the server you are running. Are you sure it's listening at the correct ports and has a login server? Have you tried binding the server to 0.0.0.0 in it's config?

it should do
Post automatically merged:

here is what it looks when i trieds 0.0.0.0

Attachments

According to that config, your server port is set to 7171, not 7272, unless you were just using for the port checker app?

Is your friend connecting to the right port?
What client version is this server?
What codebase is it?

According to that config, your server port is set to 7171, not 7272, unless you were just using for the port checker app?

Is your friend connecting to the right port?
What client version is this server?

i was checking all the ports if they were open but when i open the server and try to check if port 7171 is open i get this message, yea hes connecting to the right port the client is 8.0.. edit the 7171 UDP i can still check if its open but not TCP
Post automatically merged:

im using Lax mode could that be a problem?

Attachments

Last edited:
Back