• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows OPEN PORTS, PLEASE HELP

Dendo432

Reaction score
Hey, im trying to start and XML server i know its outdated but im planning on making an 8.0 otserver just for fun, but im having trouble opening up my ports so my friend can enter the server my router is Telia Sagemcom Fast5370e-01. i'll post a few pictures and hopes you guys can help me get this shit working,

the ip you can see which is 78.70.134.222 is the one taken from whatismyip.org

Attachments

Also, the port check is in effect acting like a server when it runs. So of course it doesn't work when you have your server running. You can only run one at a time. Only one application can bind a port at a time. Also, OT servers do not use UDP at all.

I recommend you to buy vps in ovh, the cost of a hamburger and you have peace of mind that nobody will attack you, stable hosting 24/7

I recommend you to buy vps in ovh, the cost of a hamburger and you have peace of mind that nobody will attack you, stable hosting 24/7

Same with Hetzner, prefer Hetzner over OVH.
First thing to do:
Open the ports on your rauter, start the server and check if you're shown on canyouseeme.org.
If so, and you have the same ip "IPV4" Adress inside the config. Try exchange it for your normal IP adress.
If you're using your .249 adress than connect the Tibia client into that same adress aswell.
If you want to go "Public" than use your "Global" Ip adress inside the config and point the Tibia Client to your global IP adress aswell.
I warn you.

When you host on your own pc/rauter:
You are not safe, such as credit card information. Personal information etc. etc.
Once you go out onto "Public" you're information is an easy target for bots & people.
Hetzner.com/OVH (Your country support), easy2host.pl etc. etc. You can get cheap hosts with low ram etc. for less than 10$ a month.

Same with Hetzner, prefer Hetzner over OVH.
First thing to do:
Open the ports on your rauter, start the server and check if you're shown on canyouseeme.org.
If so, and you have the same ip "IPV4" Adress inside the config. Try exchange it for your normal IP adress.
If you're using your .249 adress than connect the Tibia client into that same adress aswell.
If you want to go "Public" than use your "Global" Ip adress inside the config and point the Tibia Client to your global IP adress aswell.
I warn you.

When you host on your own pc/rauter:
You are not safe, such as credit card information. Personal information etc. etc.
Once you go out onto "Public" you're information is an easy target for bots & people.
Hetzner.com/OVH (Your country support), easy2host.pl etc. etc. You can get cheap hosts with low ram etc. for less than 10$ a month.

thats is What i’ve Done but still my friend is getting ”permission denied” when he tries to log in

Looking at that screenshot you post, your firewall even on lax settings still drops incoming connections.

Turn it off completely for now. Then have your friend try, or post your current public address and I will try with OTClient. Or both, so we can rule out that its not a problem on your friends side.

Back