• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Open Tibia Project

Liezen

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I played open tibia on the time for the client 7.6 - 8.6 and created with two friends 2008 an own OT with maybe 200 Players online, was a nice Projekt, closed for no time for that anymore.

Now i wanna back to Open Tibia because i got many idea's for an own Server and want just for fun create an own Server again (it will take long time, just for fun in my free time).

So my Question now, anyone can tell me what is new? What Engine can i use? Can i get a stable Engine (i saw at the moment something about TFS1.x?). Of corse a premium version when i need to get here. :)
and a (ACTUALLY) Tutorial Link for all what i need to do to get a running Server:

- Engine
- Map Editor
- Client (Tutorial for an Custom Client maybe?)
- Data Package
- anything else?

I can learn fast and want to get much experience in the C++, Lua and XML Scripting and how work the Tibia Engine. 2008 i was so simple-minded, just want that my engine run and nothing edited.
I Have much ideas, for example:

- 8 Classes / System with own Skills (Need to Replace or add Skills for other)
- specializations for the classes (like for Warrior -> Tank/Damage, or for Druid to transform to an Bear/Lion)

Thanks for every Link, Answer or Help what i can get.
BTW, i'm german (so when anyone can answer with my language, THANKS)

Kind regard,
Liezen

First off, get the latest forgotten server from here GitHub - otland/forgottenserver: A free and open-source MMORPG server emulator written in C++ And compile that. There is a tutorial on how to compile on the github. and there is also this tutorial here Compiling TFS 1.0/1.1 latest source. 64 and 32 bits. Pics and lots of explanation.
For client you probably want to have a look at this thread Introduction to OTClient.
And map editor someone linked in the reply just above me. Thats pretty much all you will need to get a working server.
For a tutorial on how to set everything up i think this thread is still pretty relevant. VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

What Client Version is this?
Easiest way to tell what client you need to connect to a server is to look in the definitions.h file in that file look for this.
C++:
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_MIN = 1097;
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_MAX = 1098;
static constexpr auto CLIENT_VERSION_STR = "10.98";
That means the client version or the clients that can connect to this server can be 10.97 or 10.98 the definitions.h file is located in the src/ directory.

and the definistions.h i need to edit for an custom client?

show.php

show.php

2f9582-1515770062.jpg

I got an error for complier the TFS what u linked, have no idea what i can do. Have added all incules and libs but got always the error.... on the file otpch.h

Maybe wrong Server Version? lol...

Nice, no support for this game...

on: Compiling on Windows · otland/forgottenserver Wiki · GitHub
i can find a simple way to complier.. but same error

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, no support for this game...
There is enough support, just don't expect replies on a thread that is 1 month old without any bumps.

on: Compiling on Windows · otland/forgottenserver Wiki · GitHub
i can find a simple way to complier.. but same error
What are you compiling, 32bit/64 bit? What compiler are you using?

You probably did something wrong installing the SDK.
There are existing threads concerning this issue, have you tried anything suggested there?
Compiling - Pugixml error
> Compiling - Compiling error (visual studio 2015)

how i can restart the full complier? just reset all and beginn von zero?
change much things and tryed to rebuild from a tutorial but always the same error

how i can restart the full complier? just reset all and beginn von zero?
change much things and tryed to rebuild from a tutorial but always the same error
What do you exactly mean with "restart the full compiler", is there any error message you can share? If you've made changes, but they are breaking the application; you can either download a clean version of the distro source, or undo the changes you've made step-by-step.

Back