• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Opening a server without sources (Wine)

megachock

Reaction score
Well, i know there is an application named "Wine" and with this you can open and install .exe files.

I want to open a server with the compiled windows version .exe since i dont have the sources..

Anyone knows if it works or is there any other way?

Just no i mean really why would you even want to use server for windows under linux? Why even using GUI? Short answer forget wine forget gui get yourself terminal and follow tutorials in tutorial section :)

Well, answering your question... You can never know for sure if you will be lucky while trying to run a program with wine. The best way to do is always to try. Open a terminal, walk into the directory in which is your server and type "wine ./otserv.exe" (if you are using TFS or other server with a different name for the EXE file, replace the otserv.exe for the name of the EXE file).
Even if you are lucky enough and it works, just keep in your mind that the usage of wine for such kind of application isn't a very good idea. You will probably lose performance and you might get an unstable server.

Good luck!

Assassina Mutante.

Back