• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Opening server to everyone (Ports)

Danny2020

Reaction score
GitHub
Danskyy8
not sure if I posted this in the right spot or not, but anyways so this morning someone helped me open a server but he only opened it for myself and when he tried to open it for everyone like open ports he couldnt do it and he said my computer is complicated to do that if possible can anyone help me with all these stuff thank you i will prob let u just use team viewer to do it for me if anyone got time
thanks

This is definitely the wrong forum, but the mods should be able to move the thread intact.

So, I'm going to presume:
1.) you're trying to host from a home internet connection
2.) on your personal computer
3.) thats running some sort of Windows OS
4.) you have some sort of broadband connection and are using whatever router box your internet provider gave you

We will need to know the model # of your router to help you with explicit details. But in general you do the following:
1.) Open your router admin settings. The addresses for this are very often on of these:
2.) Get the MAC address for your PC's network adapter being used to connect to the router. A fast way to do this is WIN Key + R -> Run the program cmd -> ipconfig /all
3.) Set up Static IP assignment by your routers DHCP so your PC always gets the same LAN IP, this is usually facilitated by MAC address, which you got from step 2.
4.) Open up the PortForwarding settings.
5.) Open up whatever ports your need to be routed to your PC

This is definitely the wrong forum, but the mods should be able to move the thread intact.

So, I'm going to presume:
1.) you're trying to host from a home internet connection
2.) on your personal computer
3.) thats running some sort of Windows OS
4.) you have some sort of broadband connection and are using whatever router box your internet provider gave you

We will need to know the model # of your router to help you with explicit details. But in general you do the following:
1.) Open your router admin settings. The addresses for this are very often on of these:
2.) Get the MAC address for your PC's network adapter being used to connect to the router. A fast way to do this is WIN Key + R -> Run the program cmd -> ipconfig /all
3.) Set up Static IP assignment by your routers DHCP so your PC always gets the same LAN IP, this is usually facilitated by MAC address, which you got from step 2.
4.) Open up the PortForwarding settings.
5.) Open up whatever ports your need to be routed to your PC
someone said I have a problem called backlooping so it wont let me open ports not sure what im suppose to do

I told you what to do. Tell us
Your internet service provider.
Your internet router model number.

Also, there is no such thing as backlooping. At least that I've ever heard of. Sounds like something I'd be afraid of catching Corona from 😷

I told you what to do. Tell us
Your internet service provider.
Your internet router model number.
Also, there is no such thing as backlooping. At least that I've ever heard of. Sounds like something I'd be afraid of catching Corona from 😷
internet service provider :COMCAST
oh my bad its called NAT Loopback no idea what it means but someone told me thats the problem I have rn

and your router? the thing you have that looks like this:

1584564094354.png

what is it's model? You may have to replace it with a better one if you really want to to do this.

Back