• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Opinions] In-game Account Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Currently, TFS 1.X does not have an in-game account manager, so I have to come up with a solution and do one in Lua. I pretty much need one for a war server that I am working on, I don't want to have to force people to enter a website to create an account and character just to log into a war server. I've managed to get a solution working, but the different ways to create your account is endless. Once it's completed, I most likely will release it.

Just some ideas I have at the moment;
  • The classic way, where you log into an Account Manager and talk like you're talking to an NPC.
  • Modal windows version of the classic way, no talking, just pressing buttons and filling out forms.
  • Modal windows version of a website, where you have a main menu and can fill out information anytime you want.
This gif represents the one in bold:

9orY98x.gif

So, the question is...
  1. Is the user interface/design of the GIF above too hard to understand?
    1. Will people struggle making account?
    2. What should be changed?
  2. Do you have any other ideas that you prefer?
  • Do you have any other questions, comments, concerns?

Looks Great!
I think its useful for many people!

Looks Great!
I think its useful for many people!

That's what I hope, I know it's a huge difference from what people are used to.
I don't want to confuse everyone when they log in and see this.
"Oh my god, what the hell is this? What do I do? How can I set the account number?"

Can you use empty Account/Password to log-in into the Account Manager?

It looks great to be honest, I wish you could actually manage everything (guilds, houses, commands..) in OpenTibia (as a normal and/or admin character) with modal windows.

Looks epic! Modal windows are the future xD

i do have a question tho: is there a limit on how much u can type in the modal window because if i rememer correctly there is a limit on how long pass can be no?

imo it looks great and i would for sure use it some day!

The only problem I can see is the last one "creat character". I would for example think that I was suppose to but in vocation aswell, might not be clear enough thats all. And also I dont see whats wrong with using a website :)

That's awesome!
I'm never going to use ingame account manager ever, but still I think that's something really nice!
Seems to be easier to use than the ordinary account managers that have been included in older TFS versions :)
Good work!

The only problem I can see is the last one "creat character". I would for example think that I was suppose to but in vocation aswell, might not be clear enough thats all. And also I dont see whats wrong with using a website :)
Should be pretty easy to fix up, but there's another option you could use..

an area in the game there you start without vocation and you'll have to chose vocation, it can be like the isle of destiny or something :)

Suggestions:
* Instead of using "Create: Account Name", "Create: Password", you could use "Set Account Name" & "Set Password", just in case the user wants to change the account name/password before actually creating it.
* Rename the button Next to Finish or smt like that, so users don't expect something else~

So If I press Exit or close the modal window, it kicks the character from the game, right? or is there a confirmation box before closing it?

Vocations and Towns features can be easily implemented with modal windows too~ :)

That's awesome!
I'm never going to use ingame account manager ever, but still I think that's something really nice!
Seems to be easier to use than the ordinary account managers that have been included in older TFS versions :)
Good work!

Should be pretty easy to fix up, but there's another option you could use..

an area in the game there you start without vocation and you'll have to chose vocation, it can be like the isle of destiny or something :)
Yea for sure its not a problem like that, but it might be confusing for new players who dont know if they are suppose to write a vocation or not, and in what order

Wow! Lots of posts! Let me get through them all in one post here.

@BahamutxD
I'm pretty sure you can with further changes made, but it can't hurt to just type 1/1.

@hehemidu
Yes, there is a limit on the number of characters in a text dialog, I'm not sure what it's at exactly, but I'm sure it's far more than the original password limit for websites and everything else. I'll definitely change up the code to check for that and throw errors to the users regarding input rules.

Those concerned with websites (@vTune and @dip'ah)
Yes, I will still be using a website, more specifically DevAAC. I'm just trying to provide another way for players to create accounts/characters.
Considering it's a war server, I don't think a lot of people are gonna want to hassle with a website, but the option of using a website would still be there.

And yes, those concerned with other options; of course, they'll be there. I just didn't have it done in time.
When you create your character, you'll fill out the name, then you'll be given another modal window to choose your vocation, which would then take you to choose your gender, then you could choose a town, then finally a confirmation before heading back to the main menu.

I'll definitely make some updates and post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back