• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Oppening port in linux :)

Queari

Reaction score
Hello I have problem http://www.whatismyip.com to config.lua, in hosts I have put
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
192.168.0.8 zelita.hopto.org

I have added in config.lua my global ip and url
I did portforwading in my virgin media ports 7171,7172,80 afterwards restarted my router
in terminal on ubuntu 14.10 I have added all the ports.
2vah013.png

When I check them through many website port checker it says that 7171,7172,80 are closed. When I turn off the firewall it only opens port 80.
I have added domain in no-ip.com website with Global Ip address
307p65l.png

Another thing is when I run the console of my ot at the end appears different Local Ip, Global ip is the one I got from the whatsmyip website
b54huh.png

What is the logic here? anyone can help me ! :) Please people help everytime I write something everyone ignore. I gave many informations ! :) Please ;P

Last edited:
Is the problem when you are connecting or for others outside your firewall?
I have same problem when connecting local, so to connect local (even if ip is 192.168.0.5) I have to put 127.0.0.1 into the ip changer.
you need local IP in the config not global. Then your DNS service will point to that local IP so that outside users can connect.

The problem is I cannot open ports 7171, 7172 that's the issue .. It only opens port 80...
Quick preview:
When I put 127.0.0.1 ip to my config.lua I can login from my computer normally, when I put my ip I cannot it only appears to characters and then it loads a long time till connection problem appear :(..

Last edited:
Sorry for double post, although after few days I have found a solution for this big issue
The things I had to do was>
1. Make sure in hosts file you have put your 192.168.0.... + on the right your ubuntu_server_name
2. Config.lua where IP is put your IP or website..
3. Ports will be open

Back