• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team [Opportunity] Professional Online Marketer Looking For A Serious (Old-school) Team

SEOguy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

An intro about myself;

First of all, I'm not as new to this forum as my join-date would suggest, I've lurked for a while and I even had an account but can't remember my old username...

I've (casually) played Tibia since 7.4, and like many others here, I'm depressed with the direction that game has taken.

I've done full-time internet marketing for about 2,5 years now and have good advertisement skills, and I'd like to use these "marketing-powers" to make the old-school community thrive once again...

However, after browsing these forums for a while and seeing what it takes to start a server, it's become pretty clear that I can't do this all by myself.

What I can provide:
- I can provide approximately 5-20 new players each day from the start, probably more
- I can collect an email list to have a nice amount of players at server launch
- If required, I can provide full access to a dedicated server (Budget 100-500€/month)
- I can occasionally work as a GM if needed

My advertisement methods would involve:

- Advertisement on a couple of my Tibia-related websites that get an ok-amount of traffic, traffic can easily be increased with effort
- SEO to the official website of the server
- Youtube videos
- Spamming real Tibia :D
- Social media
- The obvious methods like listing on otservlist, posting on forums, etc.
However, I won't be advertising on competing OTs, that just leads to crap. I think I can actually expand the community rather than just recruit the same old players from other servers.

What I need:

Basically, I'm confident that I can populate a server pretty nicely, and I have some money to get the ball rolling - but I can't code to save my life. So, I'm either looking to :

1.) join an existing team who could use me
or
2.) to start a project from scratch, for this I'd need experienced partner(s) to handle the technical side of everything (scripting, mapping, coding, etc.)

Once we start generating some profit, it will be split accordingly.

I'm only interested in protocols 7.9 and older. I would prefer a low-rate server with little customizations.

To sum up...

If you're interested in starting an old-school server, and have the skills and patience required, but you're unsure about your ability to bring in enough players - or you simply don't have the money to risk to start a big project - this is your opportunity to start something great!

Or if you're already underway with a project, I can significantly increase the population of your server.

Oh and one last requirement for you is that you must be able to speak understandable English.

Contact
If I sparked your interest at all, send me a PM on here for initial contact.

It's been a while since I've seen a well-formatted professional job request like this. My only suggestion is that you probably should include where you're from and what type of hours you are available. It is clear that you're European and more than likely have a job in/dealing with marketing currently. What I personally found to be the biggest challenge for me when I was hiring a team was trying to work around everyone's schedule from different areas of the globe.

That aside though, I think this would be an incredible opportunity for anyone who is serious about their project. I had someone who did exactly (and solely) what you're offering, on one of my older projects, and it was amazing the type of results/buzz in the community they helped create. I truly hope you find a suitable team as it would be nice to see an old school server with a decent size community around. Wishing you the best of luck.

It's been a while since I've seen a well-formatted professional job request like this. My only suggestion is that you probably should include where you're from and what type of hours you are available. It is clear that you're European and more than likely have a job in/dealing with marketing currently. What I personally found to be the biggest challenge for me when I was hiring a team was trying to work around everyone's schedule from different areas of the globe.
Thanks for your kind words.

I'm Finnish and I have my own internet marketing company, so I can pretty much set my own schedule - which often results in really unpredictable sleep patterns :D . "Normally" though, I'm available 6-9 hours a day, my schedule is pretty flexible.

Back