• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Option to hide threads; evo tag

wild345

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello,
0. Otservlist counters are unreliable as they let servers with 4multiclient players to be counted as individual players. Servers with rule, that "1 person = 1 player only" constantly suffer from it, cause they have 1/4 of other servers online player count and seem "dead"/"die" faster, bc of it. If you don't want to change rules to show only real human beings playing, maybe additional ranking of servers supporting no mc is a good idea? (moved to Otservlist Discussion)

1. It would be very convenient, if there was an option to hide some threads added (some kind of black list for threads, especially for section ots Advertisement). I know there is black list for users, so their threads don't show too, but I already have plenty of ppl black listed, just bc I'm not interested in their server, not bc I don't want to read their posts in other threads ;/. I will give example from my experience - I'm totally not interested e.g. in evo servers or servers with real map. So there are plenty of threads being bumped all the time, which I have to everytime read title again and see that it's an ots that I already read title XX times already (sometimes even read part of post again, bc of oblivion) and I'm not gonna play there after XXX read time ;D

2. It would be great, if server owners were forced to post tag [EVO] in titles of their servers (maybe by the rules they should do that already?), I read plenty of posts without it just to see at the end of the post, that this server has x1000000 rates or to see teleports everywhere on pictures. So then there could be added an option to automatically filter out and hide threads by their tags. Also Filters never load for me:
filter.PNG

Maybe there are some options like that already and I just couldn't find them, then sorry in advance.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
0. OTLand isn't affiliated with Otservlist; you might want to drop that in Otservlist Discussion (https://otland.net/forums/otservlist-discussion.451/) or better send an e-mail to Otservlist (https://otservlist.org/pages/contact).

1. That's a pretty good idea, if a feature like that was introduced, I'd definitely use it often.

2. The problem I see here is that different people might be not interested in a variety of different features – one person might not want to play on high/low rate servers, another one on servers with/without custom content, and yet another on servers where bots are allowed/forbidden – should server owners be forced to include all of these features in the thread's name? Other than that, in some cases it might not be clear whether a server is "evo" or not.

Last edited:
Back