• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Oracle VM Virtual Box hosting?

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone on here use a Virtual Box to host their servers so they can still use windows?

I just installed Ubuntu onto the VirtualBox and installed the webserver/phpmyadmin and it isn't accessible to anyone other than me. Matter in fact, even if I try to load the website on my browser (not on the virtual machine) it doesn't load. Which doesn't make sense since technically my computer and the virtual machine are using the same internet.

The VirtualBox has internet access, so it's pretty weird..

If theres any OTLanders out there that has delt with this stuff before I have team viewer ready to go if you are willing to dedicate some time to helping me get this going. The main reason I am transferring into this is to create a stable environment for me to host/test servers on since Windows has the whole "Program has stopped responding" errors, etc.

So if anyone out there could help, thank you in advance! Message me if you'd like to team viewer.

Yeah, that works too but my router is pretty lame and I can only port forward one computer. Meaning if I bridge the connection, my router will recognize it as a new IP and the ports aren't forwarded to that IP. Then if I want to change it, I have to reboot the router after changes - which just changes the IP's when the computers connect to it again. So its a never ending cycle, unless I just connect first to the router, and then let the rest of the family connect.

But now that I looked around I can also just port forward the VM just using the default NAT setting.. So I added port 80 to the list, tried to access the http server and BAM! It shows up. Thanks for the support though <3

Edit:

New error, when browsing to localhost/phpmyadmin it brings up a 404 page error. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back