• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Orcs is sight! run and hide!

All of it doesn't mean shit when it doesn't look good. Stop coming up with stupid explanations.

All of it doesn't mean shit when it doesn't look good. Stop coming up with stupid explanations.
its not stupid explaination, its the reason why i put these items where they lie now. and it doesnt look good, when its not realistic

anyway, here i have soe grass plains and forests which can be found just north of Taurik!

NhgqAKd.jpg

vBzlqlP.jpg

dVEwy5l.jpg

b3LXQS6.jpg

QQqLxfI.jpg

opnD0wC.jpg

the two roads lead to north-west and north east. the raods are almost not in use for 100 hundered years anymore. after the orcs destroyed the cities in the north, very few few travelrs come from there....

seems to be very grassy area reminds me of my grandfathers bicycle
nevertheless it looks very good

7/18 out of 3 out of 5

try to use more hanging flowers in the air and more grass turfs

Your ships look neither realistic nor very detailed and so does all the rest. First of all, making everything bigger is not equal to realism. Everything is quite small in Tibia for a reason, this game just doesn't scale 1:1 to the real world. The realism comes from good design and proper detailing. Your maps look overspammed (especially the monsters, how the fuck is that playable?), autobordered, bugged and weak in general. You're a beginner, so take advice from people instead of shitting on them lol
Oo
I like that kind of spam fest.
I think the boats look good.
However on the grass field, mix the ground tiles instead of spamming the turfs.

Oo
I like that kind of spam fest.
I think the boats look good.
However on the grass field, mix the ground tiles instead of spamming the turfs.
I actually see what he wanted to achieve. This "upscaled" map could totally make sense, under the right circumstances. It's just the execution, even if it doesn't look that bad on the first glance. Watch the details, I'm willing to bet you're going to find 12 bugs and 27 things that don't make any sense on each screenshot. Also it's all just one floor. I mean, come on.
Anyway, that's just my highly subjective opinion, and who am I to judge.

if i were to log on a server, and walk through the map and see what you have posted, i would certainly log off. (especially the last pictures with all the grass tufts). that's the nicest way i could put it bro-ro.

"why?"

because most any mapper here could remake everything you have made with nothing but the doodad pallette in 15-30 minutes. (and it would probably look better too ;/)

i'm not saying you can't improve, but you need to get a rhythm going. your best choice, if you want to continue mapping, is to just pretend the doodad, terrain pallette and auto-border do NOT exist. (it's okay to use them as shortcuts to get to the sprite you want)

try making a whole screenshot only using RAW. this will allow you to really turn your map into what you are visioning. whether it's good or not, your work will be respected because we can tell you took the time and actually tried.

i really hope you act on what i said above, and i look forward to seeing a picture that is not auto-brushed/bordered with doodads scattered everywhere.

nontheless, keep mapping homie. (and plz stop spamming monsters in the screenshots)

Last edited:
if i were to log on a server, and walk through the map and see what you have posted, i would certainly log off. (especially the last pictures with all the grass tufts). that's the nicest way i could put it bro-ro.

"why?"

because most any mapper here could remake everything you have made with nothing but the doodad pallette in 15-30 minutes. (and it would probably look better too ;/)

i'm not saying you can't improve, but you need to get a rhythm going. your best choice, if you want to continue mapping, is to just pretend the doodad, terrain pallette and auto-border do NOT exist. (it's okay to use them as shortcuts to get to the sprite you want)

try making a whole screenshot only using RAW. this will allow you to really turn your map into what you are visioning. whether it's good or not, your work will be respected because we can tell you took the time and actually tried.

i really hope you act on what i said above, and i look forward to seeing a picture that is not auto-brushed/bordered with doodads scattered everywhere.

nontheless, keep mapping homie. (and plz stop spamming monsters in the screenshots)
Yeah I saw this thread and figured it was a troll or joke thread, but I'm not certain if it is or not. If it's for real he needs to go through the like 840 pages of post your latest maps and jot down some ideas :p

lol, i ll take some feadback from you, but i really dont get it, that nobody likes my maps :/ i really loved them when i made them :/ anyway, i ll try to improve next time when i map again ;)

okay, i admit, that grass valley was very bad. and you may not like that many monsters and the big messy ships, but stop making fun out of me. i really tryed to make good authentic maps. moreover i uploaded other mapstoo

>hanging flowers in the air
holy fucking why
eyyy dont insult
stop tryed makiN fun out of HiM He ReLy TrYeD :oops:

but on a second note
what if he is a genius
next mozart of mapping

we just dont understand his unique abilities
it's beyond our vision, his maps is using 70 various dimensions which we just cannot see

but the flowers hanging in air is indeed a mystery
i have 3 theories;
1. his father was holding a flower and told scheisse that they grow from air
2. its metaphorical as a reference to his IQ - he wants to proove it is low enough
3. maybe it was windy day and flower always in air

i think number 3
fathership.bmp
father_son_haircut.jpg

signing off

Last edited:
the stairs dont lead into water, they lead into -1 floor of the ship..... maybe you didnt know it but ships had not jsut 2 levels lol... on -1 floor is stored food, water, drinks, wares, cells, weapons and places for matrosses.

and i never got an advise from eiserne ferstung, he just came and apammed my thread lol

if you want to add lower floors to a ship, only use those faded brown walls for the bottom floor, and use the flat bright brown walls for the rest of the floors.

My recommendation is to view the other map threads on mapping showoff and if you have the time and really seek to hone your skills in mapping, check out the 841 pages of "post your latest map" 'cause there is a lot of creative work put into that that certainly teach you a lot of possibilities you wouldn't have known possible before hand.

Back