• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OT Client modules

Kiun

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm new here and I'm a bit lost.

I've compiled my own TFS and OTClient, made database and I can enjoy a sandbox OT server in my localhost.

But I don't get those modules of the OTClient. I mean, why use modules that requires folders that users can edit? Why don't insert the modules directly in C++ code? If I host an Ot Server, I would like every user use the same client, balancing the game between experts users that can edit modules and the ones that can not.

I hope you understand me. I'm not sure about the aim of the OtClient except avoid using Ip changer and having a custom client of the Ot server .__.

Hi!

I'm new here and I'm a bit lost.

I've compiled my own TFS and OTClient, made database and I can enjoy a sandbox OT server in my localhost.

But I don't get those modules of the OTClient. I mean, why use modules that requires folders that users can edit? Why don't insert the modules directly in C++ code? If I host an Ot Server, I would like every user use the same client, balancing the game between experts users that can edit modules and the ones that can not.

I hope you understand me. I'm not sure about the aim of the OtClient except avoid using Ip changer and having a custom client of the Ot server .__.

I believe the aim of OTClient was to make a client to work with TFS. If people can easily edit both TFS and the Client it gives them much more power when making custom servers.

Could you name something that you are scared of people doing that will give them an unfair advantage? I guess making their own bot or using Candybot could be a fear, but other than "botting" which is also possible with the normal tibia client, I don't think there is anything new someone can do with the OTClient that would give them an advantage.

You can look for ways to encrypt the modules so that the client can read them, but people can not modify them. If you release them as is, people can modify your client and make their own modules, even insert a bot module (like CandyBot, i think that was its name).

Other than that, I believe modules were made that way for easier manipulation of each of the client's aspects, since, as you know, c++ code can be very messy. They also tie up everything nicely and give you a controllable engine-client-server communication, which was rather hard to do with cipsoft's client.

Oh I see, ok!

I like the idea of encrypting the modules. I still prefer having the modules in C++ though I didn't experiment too much with them, maybe I just need to get used to them...

Thanks for the responses!

Back