• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ot Hacked 0.o

shitter

Reaction score
Hello,

Today i was on my own server then i got kicked from my account and the password was changed,
people told me that that guy got into my database and changed my password
anyway do u know how to make it more secured or something xD

the passwords are saved as sha1 encryption

if he hacked you, it was not because of how you saved your passwords in the server(User passwords) you probably have weak configurations on your database server, I will assume are using XAMPP, right?

pWwGaSGDqh.png

you filled in BOTH of those?

do not use Clunkware XAMPP, try Uniserv, like tompan suggested, if you do not know how to configure it, read some tutorials about it here in otland.

Rohan, do not mislead users into using XAMPP, XAMPP is only good to have an experimental environment for webhosting/design(localhost).

Did you also delete Webdav? In /xampp
edit; also make sure pma has a p.w.

Lol'ed at the PMA user, you do know this flaw has been fixed long time ago? I believe it's only possible to access the PMA user on localhost.
( correct me if I'm wrong and then I'll take back my words )

Lol'ed at the PMA user, you do know this flaw has been fixed long time ago? I believe it's only possible to access the PMA user on localhost.
( correct me if I'm wrong and then I'll take back my words )
Not everyone uses the latest xampp. And as I don't use XAMPP, i don't know if it's been fixed or not, last time I checked it wasn't. Just trying to help :)

from my own experience of xamp not to long ago, 6months~ i had all this only accesable from localhost and w/e and some hacked still got shitload of information about not just the pma, but from my descopt it self.
dont know if it was only because of the xamp but after i used uniserv this things never hapend :)

Back