• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows OT Please Help

Cammus

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I'm new here and I'm lookign for your help asap.

I just made an OT, it works, it is online but after 5 minutes it crashes.

I don't know what info do you need but here it goes.

I'm using XAMPP, The Forgotten Server, IP Changer and the OT version is 10.98

The problem I have is from the "theforgottenserver.exe" archive.

Any help will be very appreciate it.

Are you sure that it's always exactly 5 min?
In that case look at your globalevents to see if you got some script that is executed after 3-6 mins from the start up.

Another thing you have to check, is there any players online? Could it be that a person is crashing the server for you with some bugged action / movement script?

Also if you start it with CMD, does it show any errors before crashing?

Well, is around 5 minutes aprox.
No players online, just me, I wanted to check the stability of the server before I opened it because this is the third time I try to put it online and it crashes with the same theforgottenserver.exe archive.

No errors are shown, just that .exe error.

If the exe is run within an archive, extract it out of the archive before running it.
Try to login with a GM and do /closeserver or /save and see if it crashes immediately.
Try to run the .exe file from command prompth or powershell (instead of starting it with a mouse click), it should let you read the error message before the console dissapears.

It sounds reasonable...the thing is that I have no idea where/how to do that.
If the exe is run within an archive, extract it out of the archive before running it.
Try to login with a GM and do /closeserver or /save and see if it crashes immediately.
Try to run the .exe file from command prompth or powershell (instead of starting it with a mouse click), it should let you read the error message before the console dissapears.

It sounds reasonable and maybe is the solution...the thing is that I have no idea where/how to do that. :(
I only use the NotePad++ to check the SQL Scripts and that's it.
Inside the folder where the OT is installed, there's a LUA archive which contains the .exe that crashes.
Is there any way that I can share this folder for someone to check it?

It sounds reasonable...the thing is that I have no idea where/how to do that.

It sounds reasonable and maybe is the solution...the thing is that I have no idea where/how to do that. :(
I only use the NotePad++ to check the SQL Scripts and that's it.
Inside the folder where the OT is installed, there's a LUA archive which contains the .exe that crashes.
Is there any way that I can share this folder for someone to check it?
You seem to be pretty new to this development community, as far as I know there is no such thing as a Lua archive. The common archive types are .zip, .rar and .tar
I recommend you to follow this video tutorial:
How to setup latest uniform server, znote acc maker, and latest TFS.

Back