• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Configuration OT Server, Which,How & Why?

Nice, just one question... checked out YouGetSignal.com - Open Ports Tool - Check Your IP Address and Test Port Forwarding and everything seems to be fine with the opened ports but still having problems getting my webpage out, when I shutdown the windows vista firewall it goes in with no problem, so... what are the most common problems here,(any program or app sugested to add to firewall??) I have autorized access to appache app and mysql, so what else... no active antivirus on this test, so rule that out...

apreciated...:p

EDIT: NEVER MIND... INSTANTLY FIXED IT... SEEMS IT WAS JUST TAKING A FEW MOMENTS... SEEMED WEIRD DONE THIS MANY TIMES BEFORE, MAYBE JUST A FREAKY WLITCH...

EDIT 2: Well.... now it comes and goes 30%-70% and its slow... sometimes it does open sometimes it doesn't... as soon as I dissable the windows firewall it goes in 80% of the times with no problem and fast, any ideas?? the last time I hosted my server this wasnt a problem, but I didnt have windows vista, maybe something else blocking??
Are you saying that all packets aren't being received? :p

If it's the ports, don't disable the firewall, just add the ports.
If it doesn't work, check that the firewall IS NOT set to "Don't allow any exceptions".
Thats on Windows XP tho.. but I guess Vista's firewall isn't too different.

No it's doing the same, actually double check those pointers and they are all fine... any other thoughts?

No it's doing the same, actually double check those pointers and they are all fine... any other thoughts?

Did you add exceptions?

Anyways I'll take it again.

Have the firewall like this;

Now add exceptions and save.

If that doesn't work it might be your router.

Umm.. I can't find the import option anywhere. Was I meant to find it because I created the OT database?

My bad. Seriously, sometimes I swear I'd lose my head if it wasn't attatched to my shoulders. Thanks! (Found the import option).

Okay new question. I've done everything write (I think) but when trying to make a character, I follow the prompts. It asks for my voc, I tell it and say yes. It says;

18:49 Account Manager: Your character couldn't be created, please try again.

Any ideas?

Problem 2.0

I think I was using the ingame AAC, which isn't there. (Could be wrong)

So I went to the website, and tried to create it. It told me a bunch of details were missing, real life name etc. But the account setup never asked. So how do I modify the original file so it doesn't need these things to create accounts?

If no one knows, just tell me how to manually make accounts, I can't even log on myself. :(

2 days later no response.. So I'm posting again.

I thought it might of had something to do with the file I used to edit the word files. So I tried on my laptop, which has all the standard files most people would use. Before installing Xampp, I found the exact same error message came up.

Which means the problem is server related, right? Just checking! :)

2 days later no response.. So I'm posting again.

I thought it might of had something to do with the file I used to edit the word files. So I tried on my laptop, which has all the standard files most people would use. Before installing Xampp, I found the exact same error message came up.

Which means the problem is server related, right? Just checking! :)
Don't get your question :/
Might be because I'm tired, but have you set up a database?
Or are you using slqite?
Check that you have set the database type to mysql in the config.lua.

Back