• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTC Compile

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
I am trying to compile OTC using latest tutorial vcpkg compile.
I already have vcpkg/visual studio 2017 and I been compiling TFS 1.3 many times without any errors.
but when I try to compile OTC I get 100's of errors/missing files.
since I have vcpkg folder already so I just installed 64-bit libraries from OTC tutorial.
and I just opened .vcxproj and choosed release/64x then rebuild, Compiling succeeded but there is 1000 errors.
Errors
What should I do?

Nothing, OTClient is riddled with garbage code that produces 1.4k+ warnings, if compilation succeeds there's no need to fix the warnings.

Nothing, OTClient is riddled with garbage code that produces 1.4k+ warnings, if compilation succeeds there's no need to fix the warnings.
So I can use the compiled one without any problems? Also why it only shows OpenGL? What If I wanted to use Directx 9?

So I can use the compiled one without any problems? Also why it only shows OpenGL? What If I wanted to use Directx 9?
"Without any problems" is a stretch, there's performance issues and bugs in OTClient (no software is perfect).
As for DX9, I'm no OTC expert, so I don't know. All I know is I've compiled the damn thing a few times.

"Without any problems" is a stretch, there's performance issues and bugs in OTClient (no software is perfect).
As for DX9, I'm no OTC expert, so I don't know. All I know is I've compiled the damn thing a few times.
Great thanks, I think it will be fine since I am using it just for testing few stuffs I will search about DX9 and if I couldn't get it to work then I will create a thread to get help through DX9 compilation.

This is from compiling guide on OTC github repo:

Dx9 Support Layer
If you would like to enable the dx9 support layer for otclient you need to compile with the -DOPENGLES=2.0 preprocessor on Codeblocks or the OPENGL_ES=2 preprocessor on Microsoft Visual Studio 2015. Now otclient.exe will ask for libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll which you can get here, place these dlls in the otclient.exe folder according to the architecture (x86-64 for 64bit and x86 for 32bit) your client has been compiled for.

Note: Compiling with the dx9 support layer will probably only work on VS15.

EDIT:
Also when I compile my OTC, I use Win32 and these properties and I don't experience all the errors you do:

This is from compiling guide on OTC github repo:

Dx9 Support Layer
If you would like to enable the dx9 support layer for otclient you need to compile with the -DOPENGLES=2.0 preprocessor on Codeblocks or the OPENGL_ES=2 preprocessor on Microsoft Visual Studio 2015. Now otclient.exe will ask for libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll which you can get here, place these dlls in the otclient.exe folder according to the architecture (x86-64 for 64bit and x86 for 32bit) your client has been compiled for.

Note: Compiling with the dx9 support layer will probably only work on VS15.
Yeah I read that but too bad it says only VS15 and also for the old compilation tutorial which I need to add includes/libraries manually.
I used the latest one with VCpkg/VS17 since I thought that would be the most stable.

Yeah I read that but too bad it says only VS15 and also for the old compilation tutorial which I need to add includes/libraries manually.
I used the latest one with VCpkg/VS17 since I thought that would be the most stable.
Editted my first post btw. But from what I've experienced OTC compiles best with the 2015 toolset. Also it may be useful to note that I do use vcpkg for TFS but with OTC I use the otclient sdk instead.

Editted my first post btw. But from what I've experienced OTC compiles best with the 2015 toolset.
I think that's true because with VS17 and latest vcpkg I got 1k+ errors, so I think I will give it a try with VS15 and also to try get DX9 working, Thanks everyone.
Edit : Yeah I will try to use otclient sdk with VS15 instead of vcpkg.

I was using the one I compiled with errors all that time but I think I will need DX9 soon so I am currently installing VS15 community or will I need Professional/Enterprise edition? If there's any tutorial shows how to compile it with DX9 using 2017 would be easier because I got so slow download.

Back