• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient OTC Tutorials?

charlyhustle

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I've spent the last few days searching for tutorials and documentation on how to compile and also customize the OTC but I just can't find any good ones.
I'm not completely new to compiling but I couldn't get the OTC to compile without errors (using the latest sources from github).
Also I don't know how to use my own .dat and .spr files and how to customize the client in general. I don't want anyone to do the work for me. I'm willing to learn :p but its really hard with the documentation I found so far. So if anyone's got any good tutorials i would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

P.S.: If you need anymore information on what I'm looking for specifically feel free to ask here or pm me.

Solution
@charlyhustle Hi, I recently learned how to use OTC. Did some search in my browser history, I leave you some usefull links I visited this week and that might help you.
Well I don't think there is any documentation for OTC besides what you can find in their wiki. Maybe you can find someone that knows otc a bit to help you some.

Yeah that would be my next go to. The thing is I don't wanna be anyone's burden. I always feel like it when asking for so much...
But of course if anyone would be willing to help, I would be very glad!

Sadly, far as I know, everyone who knows how to learned on their own, since there's basically no documentation.

PS: Is a pain in the ass to learn.

Man if you use OTClientV8:

You can add your files .spr and dat in version example: 860 to:
1. Open OTClient Folder -> data
2. Create folder name -> things
3. Open things and create -> 860 (example)
4. Put here ur .spr and .dat
5. Open otclient_dx.exe or otclient_gl.exe
6. Put IP, choose version 8.6 and go log-in to server.

Version 10.00 (example: ezodus) folder 1100 and version in client 11.00
Done.

If you are looking for a tutorial to create new modules then sorry but there are none that would be worth checking.

The best way to learn is to read sources and structure of default OTC modules.

If you are looking for a tutorial to create new modules then sorry but there are none that would be worth checking.

The best way to learn is to read sources and structure of default OTC modules.
Exactly, check how its made, then try to replicate the logic (not code, but logic) and here you go. If you know how to code and want to learn it's good enough imo. It will take more time than learning from tutorials, but in this case there is nothing better.
I'll add small hint, make sure you look into luafunctions.cpp (2 cpp files with the same name) for all otc methods that are usable in lua.

Alright thanks for all the answers I will give it a try. I actually didn't use otcv8 as @ROKI721 suggested but I figured it out myself yesterday but thank you anyway. I think a lot of people didn't know about that.

Man if you use OTClientV8:

You can add your files .spr and dat in version example: 860 to:
1. Open OTClient Folder -> data
2. Create folder name -> things
3. Open things and create -> 860 (example)
4. Put here ur .spr and .dat
5. Open otclient_dx.exe or otclient_gl.exe
6. Put IP, choose version 8.6 and go log-in to server.

Version 10.00 (example: ezodus) folder 1100 and version in client 11.00
Done.
pobralem clienta ze strony otsa jakiegoś i nie moge znaleźć wersji 12,60 .spr. i dat

Alright thanks for all the answers I will give it a try. I actually didn't use otcv8 as @ROKI721 suggested but I figured it out myself yesterday but thank you anyway. I think a lot of people didn't know about that.
[TUTORIAL MODS]- Creating Modules with Extended Opcode (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-mods-creating-modules-with-extended-opcode.270062/)
Some time ago i made simple module making tutorial maybe will help you, and important in this thread @oen432 put very useable extension (JSON) that are recommended to put it in your client.

@charlyhustle Hi, I recently learned how to use OTC. Did some search in my browser history, I leave you some usefull links I visited this week and that might help you.

Compiling with SDK
Compiling with vcpkg reference

I suggest you, for OTC, to use vcpkg for compiling. If you can't find some libraries such as physfs or al.h the links above got information about it, you just need to install the missing packages via GitBash. Also be sure that you have the correct build tools to run MSVC, and that you have instaled 64x libs if your outcome is going to be 64x. I used MSVC 2019, works perfectly for mehah's otclient.

For modules editing, .otmod files got the local configurations, such as IPS, ports, and internal stuff. And .otui files got the stuff related to GUI.

About sprite and .dat files

Hope all this information helps, it is going to save you some searching time.

Regards!

Last edited:
Solution

Compiling with SDK
Compiling with vcpkg reference

I suggest you, for OTC, to use vcpkg for compiling. If you can't find some libraries such as physfs or al.h the links adobe got information about it, you just need to install the missing packages via GitBash. Also be sure that you have the correct build tools to run MSVC, and that you have instaled 64x libs if your outcome is going to be 64x. I used MSVC 2019, works perfectly for mehah's otclient.

For modules editing, .otmod files got the local configurations, such as IPS, ports, and internal stuff. And .otui files got the stuff related to GUI.

About sprite and .dat files

Hope all this information helps, it is going to save you some searching time.

Regards!
That's so nice! Thank you, i really appreciate the effort!

Back