• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otclient and server ?

opentibianin

Reaction score
Hello, i see otclient is free-software, but now if i want to run server for this client, how i can do it ? server software is open source too ?

wow, i played tibia 8years but i never thought this can be played open source, now first time since im choose to not use non-free software i will have ability to back to this game, but now with freedom ! :) Thanks for this project to anyone who builds it.

Btw, outside the topic, hows that was project born ? This is thing written from scratch for reasemble tibia, or someone was deassembling tibia and build rest at top of what was possible to receive from reverse engeneering there ?

First they wrote the server, and it was reassembling tibia's default socket communication protocols because the server used to communicate with oficial tibia client , before Tibia 11 release coz they changed eveything, specially overrall networking connectivity to avoid bots.

Well.. then edubart created the otclient's github and it had a snowball effect for some period.. i think it was because he wanted to gave people freedom to customize client in many ways..

I believe it's almost everything from scratch, including the server since the reassembling is almost only for get socket default lines...
If you compare game dev with game engines nowadays like unity, yes it was totally from scratch.

Last edited:
Back