• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTCLient and the Community

otuserbyme

Reaction score
I have tried for many hours to compile this only to no avail. I also see many people asking for help with compiling the client. Usually the response is to do it yourself or the topic is just left unanswered. Unfortunatly only a very few are actually capable of compiling it as it is a difficult process and they don't seem to be talking.What I am getting at is this.... if the OTClient is available for the community, then why is it only offered to a few people for use instead of everyone. Compiling the client is obviously done with each fix to make sure it works so why are these files not being offered to the community as they are done. If more people are able to use OTClient wouldn't it help by having more people testing its limits? to get more input?....

Please do not think this post is anything negative about those who are working on this project . They have done a fantastic job so far and all of their hard work is greatly appreciated by myself and others I'm sure. We just need those FEW people from our community who have the abilities to compile to step up to the plate and help the MANY community members who need these services. By doing so we can give the community an opportunity to help where there wasn't one before. Even if you can't compile OTClient, there may be other files you can compile that people need. If you have those skills then please offer them to the community as well as they are always needed.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing your replies.

I still try but as of yet I have not been able to compile any files.... remeres, otclient, server distros, etc
I have the tutorials and other postings all saved offline to my computer to help me. I'm willing to bet that one day I'll learn enough to succeed, and I will offer compiling services for others when those skills are learned. Until that time however, I am left with my only resource,...the community.

That is why I turned to you. I have been working on my project for a long, long time, learning about scripting, building a storyline, creating a map,making new sprites, adding custom vocations, etc. using the resources that the community provided to show me what to do. It's a love for the game that keeps me going and I want to be able finish this project with all that TFS system can offer, including OTClient.

So I wont ask for a handout as I see those posts as well (they look like a 4 year old typed them in a rude fashion) but I believe I will ask for a hand. Someone who loves the game and possesses the knowledge in compiling with the willingness to teach me how to compile these things so I can complete what I started so long ago.

I am here and ready to learn. Any takers?

The support board is ready and waiting for you and your questions.

You could always PM someone if you really need some specific help, however it would be best to keep that for last.

Back