• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OTCLIENT] Can someone explain me how etui works?

Neorisen

Reaction score
Hello there!

Can someone guide me a little bit into OTClient's UI design? I've made a little bit by myself, but some things doesnt even makes sense or im just too dull to get it. Inheritance/Parent objects(?) works really weird to me. Help.

All I have figured out was based on trial and error to be honest. I think there is no table with all widget types and inheritances and options for the widgets except in the C++ code, which isn't friendly at all when you are trying to learn.
I had never messed with any language like otui though, not even CSS and other styling languages. It could be the case that if you are experienced with such languages it becomes trivial what to excpect.

Thanks for your answer :p I made some progress myself ; d Basicly Mm having problem with creating widgets(just few) without knowing which properties are needed to run it : D I think that I just need to inspect all OTUI classes back to the root ; d

Examining other modules and using them as a base is a very good idea. If it's of any help, I went over to the sources and found some information you may find useful:
bd7Z1Em.png

List of all Lua functions that can be called on an UIWidget object:
[C++] // UIWidget g_lua.registerClass<UIWidget>(); g_lua.bindClassStaticFun - Pastebin.com

You probably knew most of these things, but in case you didn't there you go.

Back