• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Fix/Patch OtClient Dissapearing Minimap

Dries390

Solutions
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations everyone, this will be a very short post.

While messing around with my server ~6 months ago I noticed the OTClient minimap dissapears if you drag it out of bounds. This can be particularly annoying if you don't think ahead like me and end up with a map that starts near the border of the map. To fix this simply comment out the second or-statement

C++:
if(MMBLOCK_SIZE*scale <= 1 /*|| !mapCenter.isMapPosition() THIS SHOULD BE COMMENTED OUT*/) {
        g_painter->restoreSavedState();
        return;
    }

in minimap.cpp specifically void Minimap::draw(const Rect& screenRect, const Position& mapCenter, float scale, const Color& color) l.113.

I haven't played around with it too much but it seems like a very straightforward fix, if you find any problems; let me know!

Greetings and salutations everyone, this will be a very short post.

While messing around with my server ~6 months ago I noticed the OTClient minimap dissapears if you drag it out of bounds. This can be particularly annoying if you don't think ahead like me and end up with a map that starts near the border of the map. To fix this simply comment out the second or-statement

C++:
if(MMBLOCK_SIZE*scale <= 1 /*|| !mapCenter.isMapPosition() THIS SHOULD BE COMMENTED OUT*/) {
        g_painter->restoreSavedState();
        return;
    }

in minimap.cpp specifically void Minimap::draw(const Rect& screenRect, const Position& mapCenter, float scale, const Color& color) l.113.

I haven't played around with it too much but it seems like a very straightforward fix, if you find any problems; let me know!
Does it really work?

It works for my OTClient. All that little logical statement does is check whether the center of your map is usable in-game i.e. x, y >= 0. Most people are smart and don't build their maps close to the edge of the mappable area. I am not so this was my fix for it.

Back