• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient DX9

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Can I compile OTClient with latest compile tutorial vcpk/vs17 and get DirectX9 working? Because I am so stuck with vs15 and can't even get it compiled been trying for hours.

you can compile with msvc 2015 you jut have to change some properties in the project i you have teeam speak i could help you

I am using discord but you can come with Teamviewer? or just pass a tutorial? I can't get it to work with vs15.

i meant teamviewer i don't know how to do it step by step because sometimes it changes, the steps to acgieve the goal i mean

I will PM you with Teamviewer details and try hope it works. the most important thing I want is DX9

a question, what is the reason everyone wants directx9? opengl2 is superior and almost all computers currently support it

even old computer has opengl support
unless we're talking about something even older, what would be 1000 players a 5 would have

a question, what is the reason everyone wants directx9? opengl2 is superior and almost all computers currently support it

even old computer has opengl support
unless we're talking about something even older, what would be 1000 players a 5 would have
Isn't DX9 better FPS? like normal Tibia client? I get 800 FPS with DX9 but when I change to openGL I only get 200 FPS that's why I am trying to make it work with DX9 for better FPS to everyone.

Isn't DX9 better FPS? like normal Tibia client? I get 800 FPS with DX9 but when I change to openGL I only get 200 FPS that's why I am trying to make it work with DX9 for better FPS to everyone.
I understand, in otclient I see better performance with OpenGL, fps does not make any difference from 60fps you will not see any difference in Tibia, in another game maybe

I understand, in otclient I see better performance with OpenGL, fps does not make any difference from 60fps you will not see any difference in Tibia, in another game maybe
It feels difference I think so, I always played PvP servers/War servers and when my FPS went lower than 100 I always felt so bad/delayed also I just tested released OTC compiled with DX9 and my openGL one and it works exactly like main Tibia client DX9 = higher FPS than openGL, so I will continue/keep trying to do it but I am still failing with difference errors/issues.
Once it gets compiled but doesn't start at all or give any errors
and other time it crashes as soon as it starts and last time it kept crashing before even starting, I don't know what I am doing wrong I have tried using VS15/VS17 and Felipe93 tried with Teamviewer still can't get it to work.

Last edited:
dx9 works better n older pcs opengl in newers that the diference
DX9 works better for all I think so, I have a decent laptop and openGL never been better than DX9 for me.

Got it working with DX9, Thanks to Felipe93 he helped me through all steps with Teamviewer, it was mostly DLLs issue so I will upload the correct DLLs so everyone can use them if they had issues with DX9 or something.

Attachments

Got it working with DX9, Thanks to Felipe93 he helped me through all steps with Teamviewer, it was mostly DLLs issue so I will upload the correct DLLs so everyone can use them if they had issues with DX9 or something.
I tried to compile DX9 with VS 2017 and always failed.
I'm installing now VS 2015 to try compile with it, would you like to share some info about the process? X86 or x64?
What changes are needed in the project for example.

Last edited:
I tried to compile DX9 with VS 2017 and always failed.
I'm installing now VS 2015 to try compile with it, would you like to share some info about the process? X86 or x64?
What changes are needed in the project for example.
  • First edit general properties to look like this
  • Additional include directories add C:\OTClient\OpenGL-ES-SDK-master\include depends on your include directory location.35982
  • Preprocessor should look like this 35983
  • Then Linker input add this files in your OpenGL-ES-SDK, Should look like this35984
  • Then last step retarget the solution and choose 8.1 and rebuild it should work, don't add dlls from SDK master just use the posted ones because other ones or google ones won't work I tried many of them.35985

• First edit general properties to look like this
    View attachment 35981
  • Additional include directories add C:\OTClient\OpenGL-ES-SDK-master\include depends on your include directory location.View attachment 35982
  • Preprocessor should look like this View attachment 35983
  • Then Linker input add this files in your OpenGL-ES-SDK, Should look like thisView attachment 35984
  • Then last step retarget the solution and choose 8.1 and rebuild it should work, don't add dlls from SDK master just use the posted ones because other ones or google ones won't work I tried many of them.View attachment 35985
you're awesome bro :) thanks for sharing your knowlegde even if those errors are pretty simple, they will help many ppl

you're awesome bro :) thanks for sharing your knowlegde even if those errors are pretty simple, they will help many ppl
Thanks, You showed me them as I mentioned it above but I am posting it so everyone can use them instead of the undetailed Github tutorial also I forgot one step it is
  • Changing the environment directories By searching in Windows Start Menu about Environment then choose Edit environment variables for your account and locate them like this.3598835989

Thanks, You showed me them as I mentioned it above but I am posting it so everyone can use them instead of the undetailed Github tutorial also I forgot one step it is
  • Changing the environment directories By searching in Windows Start Menu about Environment then choose Edit environment variables for your account and locate them like this.View attachment 35988View attachment 35989
Well I managed to get it compiled.
I tried to use your DLLS and the ones included in SDK with the same problem.
It gives this error:
6zdB3Iu.png

I used your indications, all is exactly as you said:
JLvYeYo.png

U56MvME.png

b6ouftM.png

q3JbeWy.png

Tried with Release x86 and it gets compiled, but doesn't start at all, no errors.

Last edited:
Well I managed to get it compiled.
I tried to use your DLLS and the ones included in SDK with the same problem.
It gives this error:
6zdB3Iu.png

I used your indications, all is exactly as you said:
JLvYeYo.png

U56MvME.png

b6ouftM.png

q3JbeWy.png

Tried with Release x86 and it gets compiled, but doesn't start at all, no errors.
did you change the compile process from x64 to win32(in the vs main toolbar?)

Back