• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Otclient in browser

Tubeshop

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for someone who can build a web-based OTClient. WebAssembly or any other suitable technology.

I will help you out right now and let you know that if you do not have either one of the two things...
A) good programming knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JS(+preferably Typescript), Canvas/WebGL and/or either a backend/server solution of one or more of the following: Node.js(+websockets/Socket.IO), WASM, C#/C++ or Unity, build for WebGL(thanks to the gimp below) or whatever else.
B) Have deep pockets
C) Wait for someone to release a good working open source project

...it's not happening. Considering this is a job advert, I would assume you don't have option A, so therefore you will need option B.

Can you provide more information, such as exactly what you need, and the rough time estimation you expect it to be completed, and the rough budget you offer. This way it saves everyone a lot of time.

Last edited:
For one developer, at 40 hours per week for dev and testing, 2-6 months for a decent working prototype depending on certain annoying issues and brick walls you run into.

It depends on how many people are working on it, and how many hours a week they are working on it....
For a finished product, that also depends on the quality of it. If you want high quality UI/layout etc, then its going to take longer.

Many variables involved.

good programming knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JS(+preferably Typescript), Canvas/WebGL
What? No? Ever heard of game engines? Use Unity, build for WebGL and you can even make it work with TFS.

What? No? Ever heard of game engines? Use Unity, build for WebGL and you can even make it work with TFS.
You missed the whole point of A being that one of his options is he has to at least know something if he wants to do it himself.

But congratulations, you described another way of doing it, want a medal?

However, TLDR, in private he said the guy doesn't have much money, so his budget is free-low money

No need, I'm just glad you learned something new :)
Trust me dude, from the countless scripts of yours I have been begged to rewrite, there isn't much to learn from you at all.... it's the other way around.

Trust me dude, from the countless scripts of yours I have had to rewrite, there isn't much to learn from you at all.... it's the other way around.
Good for you! Such a big boy you are! I hope more people use my free scripts that are definitely not a bait for leechers.

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can build a web-based OTClient. WebAssembly or any other suitable technology.
This is very old and the author has passed away but there was an attempt to make OTC in Unity GitHub - slavidodo/OpenTibia-Unity: A collection of projects to boost OpenTibia development! (https://github.com/slavidodo/OpenTibia-Unity)
Either revive this project or make new one based on this, with Unity will then have ability to not only make it work on web browsers but also mobile devices (and more ofc).

Im I missing something ? Author asked for WASM otclient compilation, not to rewrite everything from scratch. As You can see, even Kondrah started this (not finished ofc), by adding new SDL window.

Last edited:
Im I missing something ? Author asked for WASM otclient compilation, not to rewrite everything from scratch. As You can see, even Kondrah started this (not finished ofc), by adding new SDL window.
"Build" can be interpreted different ways.

But my point still stands. There isn't much that is "plug in and play". All current projects need a lot of work to be at production level, and the OP will either need the skills himself or deep pockets to see it through.
(I think Forby's client is the nearest to a good working prototype, but it's a Node.js solution and not WASM, and he says it's not exactly plug and play, it take's some configuring to get it working properly)

I believe that's not much more work than one week ~30hrs of work. Basically You have to inherit Platform and window class. Even more - I saw a few years ago, that someone on this forum showed working otclient in web assembly.

I believe that's not much more work than one week ~30hrs of work. Basically You have to inherit Platform and window class. Even more - I saw a few years ago, that someone on this forum showed working otclient in web assembly.
To get it working yes, and with all the basics. or do you mean a full blown client with every feature working to a good standard? :p
You may have seen some web clients that I have not, so it's an honest question.

but I do trust your judgement, especially more than others around here xD

Back